Indie House is a monthly international festival. We focus on the independent filmmaker and our festival structure is made so that registrants have a much higher% nomination than other festivals.
Very simple, while other festivals accept thousands upon thousands of entries, we only accept a limited number of entries each month. This means that in some categories there are less than 4 registered projects. So the% of being selected is very high.
We also believe that everyone deserves the same opportunities. That is why it does not matter if you register your project on the 1st or the 20th. We do not make any selections, until we have received all the entries.
Every month we award 32 projects, so by the end of the year we will have awarded 384 filmmakers in total. That is why it is the ideal place for beginning filmmakers. Also Indie House is a 2x1 festival. What does this mean?
By registering for the monthly film festival you compete for the monthly event but you are also registered for the annual event, since the two festivals have different juries.
We also have ALL Categories, where you save a lot of money and as a thank you we will make you a promotional post on our social networks.
Although we have different deadlines, we have applied a discount so that you have the same prices throughout the year.
The format is very simple. Every month we award all categories of the festival. The best music video, trailer and short film are screened at our monthly event. We do this monthly event in collaboration with cinemaclubs in the city. It is a small and humble event.
At the end of the year we organize the great event of the festival. A live event in one of the most prestigious cinemas in Barcelona. Verdi cinemas. In this event we will show the best projects that we have received in all the monthly editions of the year.
Date of the live festival in Barcelona: December 17-18, 2022.
-We organize monthly events in small cinema clubs.
-At the end of the year we organize a big event in a professional cinema.
-If my project is not selected in a monthly edition, is it discarded for the great annual event?
No. All the projects registered in our Monthly events also compete for the annual event independently since our jury for the monthly events is not the same as for the annual event.
Can I register a 2019 projects?
Yes. We do not have a production year limit. We believe in second and third chances.
For monthly events do I have to send DCP or files?
No. For the monthly events we project through the filmfreeway platform to make it easier for everyone. For the annual event, we will need the files of your project to be able to screen it in a professional cinema.
Communication is very important to us. For any questions, you can write to the festival email and we will be happy to answer all your questions
-Best Feature Film
-Best Short Film
-Best Serie/Web/Pilot Tv
-Best Music Video
-Best Short Script
-Best Feature Script
-Best First time Screenwriter
-Best Female Director
-Best First Time Filmmaker
-Best Sound Design
-Best Visual effects
-Best Indie Feature Film/Documentary (low Budget). Less than 50.000
-Best Indie Short Film (Low Budget). Less than 5.000
-Best Animated Film
-Best Experimental Film
-Local Filmmaker (only for Catalonia Residents)
1. Language: We accept movies and scripts in English, Spanish, Italian and French. If your project has another language, we will need subtitles in English, Spanish, Italian or French.
Feature more than 60 minutes.
Short film: maximum 60 minutes.
Series / Pilot Tv / Web Media: Unlimited
Music Videos: Unlimited
Screenplay: Shorts up to 30pag.
Feature up to 180 pag.
3. Year of production:
No production year limit. We accept projects of all years.
4. Without territorial Premiere. We do not ask for a territorial premiere, so you can register it even if it has already been released in our country.
5. Indie House (only in some cases), could use images from your project in a promotional way. Assemble a video with the best projects of the festival or post a frame on Instagram. Only promotional, never commercial and one minute maximum.
6. The festival does not pay a screening fee. At the live festival we screen the winner of Best Trailer, Best Music Video, Best Short Film and Best Feature Film.
7. You guarantee that you have the rights to your work and that you do not infringe any copyright infringement. Indie House is not responsible for any violation of copyright by the participant.
8. Organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent. As well as eliminating categories if not the minimum number of participants is reached.
9. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
10. Register a project implies acceptance of these rules.