2020 EDITION UPDATE:
The Dublin Independent Film Festival 2020 edition Goes Online! Over the past year, the DIFF team worked hard to host a physical event that would follow local health and safety regulations. Given that the global pandemic has made us postpone the festival several times through 2020, our team decided to move the film festival online. Please note that this is a unique situation due to extenuating circumstances, and that once back to safety & normalcy, we plan to host all future editions physically.
We are excited to partner with FILMPIXS, streaming platform for short films and documentaries and create an inclusive public virtual event. The festival is planned for 19-21 March 2021 and more information will follow soon. Expect screenings, Q&As, seminars and more!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dublin Independent Film Festival welcomes you to our third edition! An event organized for both independent filmmakers and cinema-goers who love to discover niche films and artists.
The festival’s judges and programmers come from different film backgrounds and are eager to put together an exciting and truly high-quality program of indie films. Dublin Independent Film Festival’s aim is to discover new talent, films and filmmakers with potential, and to recognize the collaborative work this art form is funded on.
The program will focus on independent films of different genres, with no limitations on length, style or country of origin. The festival is open to everyone regardless of budget and experience.
DIFF is run in association with Close:Up, a collection of international film festivals supporting indie filmmaking. By establishing a working network with filmmakers, producers and marketing professionals, we share one common goal: to forge productive and lasting relationships between independent filmmakers and audiences.
△ Nominations – Films nominated in each category will be contacted on the notification date, and listed on our website and social media pages. Nominated filmmakers are invited to join the event, although only the films in the Official Selection (below) will be screened.
△ Official Selection – From the Nominations, a smaller selection of films for screening will be notified. Screening materials will be requested and more information about the event will be provided.
△ Winners – Award winners will be selected from the Nominations & Official Selection and announced at our festival, after the screenings, and online the following day.
Our jury panel includes:
Daniel F. Holmes, Director
Judge for Best Short Film
Roisin Kearny, Producer, Screenwriter
Judge for Best Screenwriter
Mark Byrne, Actor
Judge for Best Comedy
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles (if not in English).
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- All films must be made in or after 2018.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at the Lighthouse Cinema, Dublin.
- Nominations: All films nominated for every category.
Official Selection: Films selected for screening will be notified via email. If you received a Nomination email, but no Official Selection email, it means your film will not be screened, but is still a contender for an award in its category.
Award Winners: Chosen from both the Nominations and the Official Selection.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media, based on the press kits you provide us with.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
- We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
- Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
- By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.