Ketchikan and its magical surroundings has inspired many talented artists, now its time to put that inspiration to the video test and see just how wondrous this place is. The screening will take place at the Southeast Alaska Discovery Center on Friday, August 23rd at 7:00 pm. This will be a free community event, sponsored by KPUtv, and open to anyone and everyone who appreciates the art of making movies.
First place will receive a $300 cash prize, second place will receive a $200 B&H gift card, and third place will receive a $100 gift card.
+ Length of film to be no longer than 10 minutes
+ Films must be from or about Alaska
+ HD quality digital file of video at the highest quality with no downscaling
+ Submissions must be all-age appropriate , meaning no swear words (bleeping words out is okay), content with sexual nature, nudity, or overtly violent films
+ We reserve the right to cut any films from the show in order to adhere to our submission guidelines and time constraints
+ Employees of the City of Ketchikan can submit their pieces for viewing, but will not be submitted to the judging panel
+ Entries submitted by those 18 and under must have parent or guardian approval
+ Content that is not shown on the night of the event will be posted for viewing on KPUtv channel 687 a long with all other submissions
Terms of Submissions
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted, acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to the KPU Ketchikan Film Festival.
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival and on KPUtv, this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or KPU because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or KPU of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless KPU, the City of Ketchikan, the Festival, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Institute or the Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also grant KPU the right to showcase the Film on KPUtv local content channels.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Alaska and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Ketchikan in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
9. By clicking "I Agree" below, or by submitting a film to the Ketchikan Film Festival, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by KPU or the Festival.