Join the Craic Film Festival is an innovative film festival. We are screening only comedy films, and raising awareness and funding towards mental health. There are other festivals out there that focus on mental health, however, none feature only comedy films. We are doing there is a close link between people struggling with their mental well being, and laughing being a good source of improving the mood. What better way to have a laugh, than to watch a good comedy!
Due to the current situation with regards to Covid-19, we have taken the difficult decision to hold the 2021 edition as an online event.
Winners will receive certificates, laurels, and advice on upcoming film projects.
We accept films from the following categories - All with a comedy element!
Best Student Film
Cash prizes will also be awarded!
All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must have been produced after 2015.
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience and made available for online viewing for a limited time only.
- Nominations: All films nominated for every category.
Official Selection: Films selected for screening will be notified via email. If you received a Nomination email, but no Official Selection email, it means your film will not be screened, but is still a contender for an award in its category.
Award Winners: Chosen from both the Nominations and the Official Selection.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media, based on the press kits you provide us with.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
- We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
- Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
- We cannot provide refunds.
- By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.