FOTOGENIA, FIRST INTERNATIONAL FILM POETRY & DIVERGENT NARRATIVES FESTIVAL promotes a space with an alternative conception of films, a celebration of experimentation and avant-garde framework, the love of curiosity and research of the seventh Art. Everyone is invited, taking into consideration the disruptive nature of the selected works.
We welcome you to watch films in another way!
If you are an audiovisual maker interested in provoking the cinematographic image through the exploration of the frontiers and limits of film narrative, genre, format and the nature of film itself, in order to converse with the viewers in innovative and critical ways to ignite a confrontation between reality and cinematic phenomenon, this is your place to exhibit your passion.
El FESTIVAL FOTOGENIA, PRIMER FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CINE POESÍA Y NARRATIVAS DIVERGENTES, promueve un espacio para la concepción alternativa del cine dentro de un marco de celebración, experimentación y vanguardia sobre el amor, la curiosidad y la investigación del séptimo arte, al que todo público está invitado, tomando en cuenta la naturaleza disruptiva de las obras presentadas.
¡Bienvenidos a mirar el cine de forma distinta!
Si eres un realizador audiovisual interesado en provocar a la imagen cinematográfica mediante la exploración de las fronteras y límites de su narrativa, géneros, soportes y la naturaleza propia del filme, para dialogar con el espectador de maneras novedosas y críticas y generar así una confrontación entre la realidad y el fenómeno cinematográfico, éste es tu lugar de exposición.
1) "Dulac / Avant-garde" USD $800 Cash Prize
2) "Special Mention Epstein / Avant -garde"
1. The topic to explore in this first edition is MEMORY. Everything that evokes remembrance, reminiscence.
2. The Festival is open to all international short films made until 2019, which have been created specifically for the Festival or if your work explores in a substantial way the proposed topic for this year’s edition; however, this at the discretion of the organizers in regards to the eligibility and selection of your short film for the programme.
3. The duration of the works should be between 1-15 minutes with credits.
4. Any format is accepted (16mm, 35mm, digital, mobile) in accord to the experimentation of the cinematics’ substance; however, the final projection copy must be in HD digital format, QuickTime .mov, compression H.264.
5. Any genre and technique can be used (animation, fiction, documentary, mockumentary, a mix between genres), in the spirit of the unrestricted experimentation within non-narrative, poetry logic, hypertextual logic or thought logic, in order to defy poetry and narrative frontiers.
6. To be considered you need to submit your material through FilmFreeway.
7. Each director can send a maximum of 3 works.
8. If the original language is different from Spanish or English, the film must be subtitled in Spanish or English.
9. The deadline for submission is Monday, September 30th, 2019. The extended deadline closes on Sunday, October 20th. We won’t accept any work after that deadline.
10. A Selection Committee comprised of international specialists will review all the works and it will select those that are best suited to the Festival’s theme and philosophy.
11. The Festival will contact all selected directors to arrange the final delivery of their works in the best HD projection quality and their Press Kit. It is your responsibility to send your material on the scheduled dates. Once the Festival has the HD projection copies of the films, it will announce the Official Selection in a Press Conference.
12. The selected directors who live in Mexico City, need to commit to attending, on the day that the Festival takes place, to be part of a Q&A round, in order to discuss their works with the spectators. Those directors who live outside Mexico City or the country can participate with a video-presentation.
13. The selected short films will be uploaded to a digital free platform that will integrate the digital archive of FOTOGENIA, in order to create a Web Brain Labyrinth that will archive and shape the Festival Collective Memory.
14. A Jury comprised of International Film Specialists will grant the Award: “Dulac / Avant-garde” to the work that they consider worthy of the Festival Spirit, with a cash prize of USD 800. Besides, the Jury will grant a Special Mention: “Epstein /Avant-garde” to the work that they consider worthy of it.
15. The location of the Festival will be announced during the next months; it’ll be a Film Center in Mexico City in which the selected short films will be projected + a special evening party (There will be different ticket access to these Festival Events).
16. By sending your material, you accept the present rules & regulations hereby described.
17. Any unforeseen situation in these regulations will be solved by FOTOGENIA Festival Organization at its solely discretion.