John Abraham International Short Film Festival (JAISFF) is instituted by Joy Mathew, in memory of his guru JOHN ABRAHAM. a legendary Indian Filmmaker, short story writer, and screenwriter.
This Short Film Festival is being instituted with a larger aim to:
# Recognize excellence in contemporary short film-making and production in this part of the globe.
# Provide opportunities to connect the short film-making community, through networking and collaborative projects.
# Provide an opportunity for Indians to experience the best work of International, Indian & local film-making talent.
# To build an audience for the work of short filmmakers.
# Increase opportunities for film-makers and provide a place to meet and share ideas and resources.
The selection will happen in 2 rounds.
Shortlisting round: in this round, the received entries will be shortlisted by a panel of jury and the entries which have been shortlisted will be informed regarding their selection into the final round by phone or email.
Final round: the shortlisted movies would be screened at the Festival Venue, Kozhikode, Kerala, on 30th November 2019 and the winner would be decided by the Jury and audience who will vote using our Votex App.
The Festival has instituted Awards & Rewards listed below:
Best Film INR 1,00,000 ( USD 1,400)
Best Director INR 25,000 (USD 350)
Best Performer (artist) INR 25,000 (USD 350)
• This John Abraham International Short Film Festival is open to everyone around the world
• The Call for entries is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work from low to high budgets.
• ONLY ONE application per applicant. So if you’ve already submitted an application as the director, we won’t consider any subsequent ones.
• Films must have a running time of less than 30 minutes, including credits
• Films must have been completed after 1st of October 2018.
• Festival does not accept works-in-progress.
• The participant is responsible for the costs of sending the screening copy to the festival.
• The festival covers the costs of returning or forwarding screening copies.
• Current year JAISFF employees, Board members, major funders and the immediate families of such folks are ineligible.
• Students must submit a photocopy of current student ID to receive discounts.
Is open to filmmakers all over the world
NOTIFICATION & SELECTION
• Arrival of submissions and preview copies cannot be confirmed.
• An independent selection committee is appointed by the festival to view all submissions for programming consideration.
• All entries are first considered for competition program, but will also be considered for other programs where appropriate. Decisions made by the selection committee are final.
• The final selection will be informed through our website www.jaisff.com on November 15, 2019.
• Only the submitters of the selected films will be contacted personally.
• Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.
VISITING THE FESTIVAL
• The award winning directors of selected films are invited to be guests of the festival and the festival may cover the expenses of their stay (private accommodations, professional accreditation).
• All hospitality arrangements are assigned by the respective managers of each segment and remain limited within one’s reach.
• If the director or producer of the film cannot attend the festival, the invitation may be forwarded to another member of the film crew or cast.
• More information about guest services will be provided personally to successful applicants
• Max. running time: 30 minutes [including credits]
• The Deadline for submissions will be Sunday 10th November 2019.
• Final exhibition copies of the film MUST be received by Wednesday 25th November2019.
• If selected for exhibition, please send high quality files Mov/avi/mpg/h264/pro res or dvd’s, Blu-ray / DVD, DCP
• Entries must have been completed since 1st of October 2018.
• ENGLISH SUBTITLES PREFERRED FOR ANY FILM NOT IN ENGLISH
• John Abraham International Short Film Festival occasionally provides short film programmes for other film festivals, by submitting your film the entrant agrees to the inclusion of their film in any such future programme.
• Excerpts from selected films, trailers and stills may also be screened or published online to assist in promoting the festival.
• The submitter must have the legal authority to submit the film and to have the work screened publicly including any necessary permissions. By submitting, the submitter confirms they have all the necessary rights for the screening of the film submitted, to be exhibited at the festival.
• By submitting their film all entrants are deemed to have read and agreed the rules and regulations governing the festival. In the event of any disagreement, the interpretation of the festival will take precedence.
• These rules and regulations are subject to change without prior notice.
• The Festival reserves the right to withdraw or include selected shorts from the programme as necessary.
• It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure the correct contact email address is supplied to the festival.
• The sender of the submitted film is responsible for all copyrights. He or she is legally authorized to enter his short film in the festival and, if selected for the festival, authorized to give screening permission.
• The applicant has secured all necessary rights for both picture and sound, and exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights, including but not limited to music, images, and content.
• If selected for the festival the applicant acknowledges and agrees that an exhibition quality digital screening file must be made available for screening by 25th November 2019.
• The film, including all copyrights, remains the property of the author.
• The films will be handled with the outmost care. However, the contest management will assume no liability for damages or loss.
• The applicant has to read and accept the regulations and guidelines for participation.
• Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the submission being disqualified.
• In the event of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the terms and conditions, the interpretation of the contest will take precedence.
• The John Abraham International Short Film Festival is obliged not to use or dispose of any films for commercial purposes. Any further use of a film will be inquired about if relevant.
• The non-profit nature of the John Abraham International Short Film Festival activities guarantees that the works submitted will be used only to advance the cultural objectives of the International Short Film competition 2019.
• These regulations are subject to change without prior notice.