The 10th Annual Back in the Box Competition (BIB), offers some of the lowest submission fees with some of the highest acceptance rates on the festival circuit. Because BIB is a competition and a film festival, we are able to review many more submissions to give more artists a greater chance to showcase their work. BIB provides an exciting platform for ambitious filmmakers and screenwriters to showcase their skills in direct competition with other creative artists.
Featuring a diverse array of competitive categories (including Best Feature Screenplay, Best Short Screenplay, Best Feature Film, Best Short Film, and Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and many others), BIB works to shatter the boundaries placed not only between genres but also between undiscovered talents and eager audiences. We are looking for the Best of the Best in the field of entertainment. And we are hoping you are prepared the meet the competition head on.
A slew of prizes are available through participation in BIB. Several of prior year's winning screenplays have already moved into production, and some films had secured distribution. There's no telling what sort of remarkable stories or careers this year's competition will unleash.
This is a film and screenplay competition. All preliminary judging is done by a panel of industry professionals and is open to the public to participate, but the film finalists will be screened in beautiful Santa Monica California and final judging will be made with voting by the attending audience.
SCREENING LOCATION – December 21, 2018 – 1PM to 5PM
The finalists in the Film competition will be screened in the Ocean Screening Room in beautiful Santa Monica, California the premier digital cinema in Santa Monica. What better way to start your Christmas vacation than to see a film on the coast of sunny California. Here, you will experience a breathtaking vista of the Pacific Ocean from the theater entrance. Chosen by Universal, Disney, Paramount and Sony as the Santa Monica Academy Awards screening venue, Ocean Screening also screens for Grammy Awards as well as Sundance.
The Ocean Screening Room is located at 1401 Ocean Ave, 1st floor (cross street Santa Monica Blvd.). Ocean Screening shares the same building as Sushi Roku and Water Grill. The screening room is located on the lobby level. Directions can be found here:
This is an exclusive event for participants who are serious about moving forward with projects and will be an informal mix between actors, producers and directors. The people who hold the exclusive “Screening” tickets will be the final set of judges for the films that have progressed to the final round. They will decide which lucky filmmakers will take home the prizes in each category.
Discussion topics include how actors can make contact to directors and producers of indie films when they’re available and ready to work. Directors attending will include filmmakers who have active projects they want to move forward with. Producers attending will include representatives who are actively searching for key projects to invest in. Representatives from Fernleif Productions will also be in attendance looking for projects to expand their portfolio including films and talent for not only short films investment, but for additional talent for creating content for electronic games and applications. If your film is one films being screened, here is a great opportunity to show off your work to a captive audience and make great contacts for future projects.
IMDB Qualified Event:
The “Back in the Box” Screenplay Competition (BIB) is an opportunity to showcase your work and compete for prizes and awards.
Film Awards include many categories including:
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
and many others
Screenplay Awards include several categories as well including::
Best Feature Length Screenplay
Best Short Screenplay
and many others
1. Submissions must not have been previously optioned or purchased.
2. Submissions must be in English.
3. Submissions can be in any genre.
4. Submissions must be appropriate length for category entered.
5. Submissions must be formatted by industry standards.
6. All check payments must be payable in U.S. dollars to “Fernleif Productions” and drawn from U.S. banks. U.S. Money Orders are also accepted.
7. Any check returned to us for non-payment will be subject to a $15 service fee.
8. To enter the BIB Competition you must agree to its Terms and Conditions.
9. Film and Screenplay selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee. All decisions are final.
1. Please provide only one primary contact on your application form.
2. Title page should include Name, Address, Phone Number, email, WGA registration (if registered) and genre/type of submission.
3. In the event of multiple owners, any award will be divided equally among owners.
4. If you are sending your entry by mail and would like delivery confirmation, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard with your submission package.
5. BIB is not responsible for submission that are stolen or lost in transit.
To protect your intellectual property we suggest you register your work with the Writers Guild of America, west (www.wga.org or call 323 782 4500) and the US Patent and Trademark Office.