The Virginia Sweded Film Festival was founded in 2016 by Myron Smith and is rapidly growing as it now approaches its third year. The Virginia Sweded Film Festival is a presentation of fast-paced, low budget remakes of classic movies. In 2016, there were nearly 200 attendees who came to the first VA Sweded Film Festival. In 2017, the event was expanded into a three day event. 2018 promises to be our biggest year yet!
- $100 Cash Prize for Best in Show! (10 Entries Required)
- Awards for Best Special Effects, Best Actor, Best Actress, and more!
- Prize Packages from Sponsors!
- Great Exposure!
- Each filmmaker will receive a table for an evening (3 feet wide or less) and the option to present a trailer at the beginning of the film festival! (The trailer must be made by the filmmaker and must be for a film other than the one that is being submitted. All trailers must be 60 seconds or less.) The submission fee will help pay for the venue, promotional expenses, cash prize, and other expenses. The completed film must be received before the regular deadline in order to be listed on the poster.
1. You make the film at your own risk.
2. If making a parody of a copyrighted film, you must include a disclaimer at the beginning of your film.
3. Do not use copyrighted music in your film without permission.
4. Films that result in the harm of an animal will be disqualified.
5. You must be present at the Virginia Sweded Film Festival to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
6. Your film must be submitted on a playable DVD or a USB flash drive. Send submissions to: Myron Smith- P.O. Box 354, Ridgeway, VA 24148
7. No Entries (media or documents) will be returned.
8. The Best in Show award will be decided by audience vote. Since Myron Smith is founder of the VIrginia Sweded Film Festival, he will not be eligible for the Grand Prize. If one of his films is voted as Best in Show, he will forgo the prize and pass the Grand Prize along to the next runner-up. Actors and Actresses appearing in Myron's films will still be eligible for Best Actor or Best Actress award.
9. The completed film must be received before the Regular Deadline to be considered an Official Selection.
10. No more than 12 films will be accepted. The Virginia Sweded Film Festival has the right to deny a film submission for any reason.
1. No use of digital effects and sound effects. Hand written credits are encouraged.
2. Preference will be given to films under fifteen minutes.
3. Total Run time should not exceed 30 minutes.
4. Avoid attempting an “easy” film or dialogue driven films. The humor of a Sweded film comes from low budget special effects and props!
5. Have fun!