The Virginia Sweded Film Festival is now the Martinsville Short Film Festival! The Virginia Sweded Film Festival was a presentation of fast-paced, low budget remakes of classic movies. In 2016, there were nearly 200 attendees who came to the first VA Sweded Film Festival. In 2017, the event was expanded into a three day event. 2019 promises to be our biggest year yet!
- Prize Packages from Sponsors!
- Great Exposure!
- Each filmmaker will receive a table for an evening (3 feet wide or less) and the option to present a trailer at the beginning of the film festival! (The trailer must be made by the filmmaker and must be for a film other than the one that is being submitted. All trailers must be 60 seconds or less.) The submission fee will help pay for the venue, promotional expenses, and other expenses. The completed film must be received before the regular deadline in order to be listed on the poster.
1. You make the film at your own risk.
2. If making a fan film from copyrighted material, you must include a disclaimer at the beginning of your film and assume all responsibility.
3. Do not use copyrighted music in your film without permission.
4. Films that result in the harm of an animal will be disqualified.
5. You must be present at the Virginia Sweded Film Festival to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
6. Your film must be submitted on a playable DVD or a USB flash drive.
7. No Entries (media or documents) will be returned.
8. The Best in Show award will be decided by audience vote. Since Myron Smith is founder of the VIrginia Sweded Film Festival, he will not be eligible for the Grand Prize. If one of his films is voted as Best in Show, he will forgo the prize and pass the Grand Prize along to the next runner-up. Actors and Actresses appearing in Myron's films will still be eligible for Best Actor or Best Actress award.
9. The completed film must be received before the Regular Deadline to be considered an Official Selection.
10. The Virginia Sweded Film Festival has the right to deny a film submission for any reason.
1. Preference will be given to films under fifteen minutes.
2. Total Run time should not exceed 30 minutes.
3. Have fun!