+++ Please submit your film only if it is related to the topics of
Freeride/Off-Piste Skiing, Snowboarding and Powsurfing +++
The 'Freeride Filmfestival' is looking for the latest freeride films from the independent filmmaking scene. We aim to embrace the wide range of films in our program showcasing a variety of genres including adventure, expedition, portrait, comedy, fiction and art. Our aim is to support filmmakers and athletes, raise awareness of avalanche safety and climate change and host events where people can meet and get inspired for
After 2 years struggeling with the pandemic we are looking forward to go big again in November 2022 with 9 prime tour stops in AUT/SUI/GER/ITA and our new cinema edition in AT/GER.
We are avid freeriders and film enthusiasts and want to share the excitement of off-piste skiing and snowboarding and the wonderful images, stories and artistical approaches that come with it. We aim to be the platform for films in this niche and to help filmmakers and athletes in this field to bring their projects to a big screen and a big audience.
Each selected film will be awarded the "FFF 2022 Official Selection Laurel". In addition, the filmmakers and actors will appear in our promotional activities such as video productions, podcasts and a variety of regional and international press, while they will also be on stage at our biggest screenings and get the chance to travel on our tour bus for a few days.
1) Maximum length: up to 35 minutes (In exceptional cases longer, personal contact required)
2) Synopsis (Summary, Producer, Cast, DOP, Location, ...)
3) final screener or a close to final version for download or streaming with submission (final screener to be delivered by 31. August 2022;
4) Trailer for download in 16:9 and 3:4 (few 9:16 IG-Stories appreciated)
5) 5 stills in hires that represent the essence of the movie; 1 portrait picture of main athletes and director/producuer without goggle; cleared rights for presswork and promotional purpose mandatory; behind-the-scenes and making-of pictures are welcome; filename must be: Athlete_Movie_Location_Photographer; photocredit will always be listed;
6) A commitment of main actor/athlete/director to attend at least 5 screenings; attendance at further screenings to be discussed and rewarded;
7) Premieres will be preferred;
8) Movie may not be available for free (youtube/facebook/…) before 1. Dezember 2021
9) Screenings and premiere events in central europe need do be planned in coordination with the Freeride Filmfestival
10) Language: Movies that are not in english need english subtitles (srt. required)
11) Video On Demand: The licensors also provide their films to the Freeride Filmfestival (FFF) "not exclusivly" for the purpose of “streaming” (VOD), “download”, also called “electronic sell through” (EST), and “subscription video on demand” (SVoD). The FFF has the right, but is not obliged to actually use the delivered films and to exercise the right of use. The right of use is exercised on the so-called "VOD service" of the FFF, an Internet portal or via the services of FFF partners.
12) By submitting your film you constitute your full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof and acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the the Festival.
*Feel free to e-mail us in case you have any questions or issues with deadline, formats, uploads or other terms. We really want to try everything to take your movie under consideration.
Response from festival:
Thank you so much, Victor, for your charming words. We love the presence of credible and motivated people like you and enjoyed our time with you very much. Your film GERWENTIL is an extraordinary piece of art, passion and professionalism, absolutely incomparable and ground-breaking.