The Chandler International Film Festival is a diversified and pioneering film festival located in Chandler, Arizona. CIFF is going screen over 150 films from more than 35 countries! Our 4-day (January 17-20, 2020) festival will include Red Carpet, Opening Ceremony, World Premiers, Arizona Film Market & Expo, Award Ceremony, Networking, Workshops, Q&A and After Parties.
Chandler International Film Festival is merging with the 25rd Chandler Multicultural Festival where attendees will watch a special outdoor screening on the Chandler Downtown Stage on January 18, 2020.
We provide excellent service to filmmakers as each filmmaker is part of our growing CIFF family and we are happy to assist from stage of submission to the end result at the Annual Event.
With a passion for the art of filmmaking, the Chandler International Film Festival aims to support independent filmmakers from all over the world and their filmmaking. We provide a platform through which projects are reviewed, judged, and honored for their uniqueness, creativity, and storytelling ability.
"I know it's weird to give five stars for everything, but I would give ten if I could. Chandler International Film Festival was one of the best festivals. Great programming, wonderful people, perfect communication, and a lot of fun. If you miss this festival you REALLY MISSED A LOT. Chandler really is a festival for filmmakers and people who love movies. Thank you for having me." - Bradford Uyeda
"Everything was top notch, from the communication to the movies, to the amazing award ceremony with those 30-pound trophies. I didn't win one, but it made me want to try harder next time, and there will be a next time." - Jim Politano
"Very good film fest, I think it will become a Oscar Qualify festival. I'm gald that I have been selected to screen in the annual event." - Han Zhang
Awards & Prizes:
We award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process.
Official Selection of CIFF receives an Official Selection laurel. All Winners receive laurel and trophy.
Filmmakers will have access to the annual festival screening in January, Red Carpet Interviews, Awards Ceremony and Networking opportunities in Chandler, Arizona.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Premiere Requirements: All films must have never been screened in the state of Arizona.
1. The competition is open to International entries. Please check individual categories and submit suitable categories to your project.
2. Feature films are 40 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 40 minutes in length. We reserve the right to watch a minimum of 30 minutes of all films in order to reach a decision. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. Feature screenplays must be between 60 and 130 pages in length. Short screenplays must be between 1 and 45 pages in length.
3. Entries must not have been publicly shown before January 1, 2016.
4. Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
5. Films that are "Not Accepted" will not screen at the Annual Event or receive laurels. Only Official Selection WILL screen at the Annual Event.
6. Works in progress are accepted but are not encouraged. We cannot promise that we will be able to watch re-edited submissions. Please only submit works in progress if submitting close to the final deadline.
7. CIFF confirms that the festival has the permission to exhibit your film(s) during the festival and /or at any other Festival event. Submission of a work implies that the Festival can employ moving image excerpts and reproduce stills of exhibition promotion. Credit will be given to any filmmaker or screenwriter of such material is used in Festival promotion. The Original copyright holder retains all rights to their work.
8. You may submit multiple entries but must pay an entry fee for each.
9. Scripts are eligible to receive laurels and optional awards, but do not show at the annual event
10. No refunds will be given.
About our Waiver Policy:
We believe in a fair policy to each and every filmmaker. We try to keep reasonable fees for all submissions and we offer regular discounts to students and new filmmakers, however, no waivers at this stage.