The Canadian Diversity Film Festival is the premier festival to celebrate diversity in Toronto, Canada. This year, our festival will run monthly online and all winners will screen at the annual event from Monday, November 23rd to Sunday, November 29th, 2021.
The Canadian Diversity Film Festival is a hallmark event that celebrates our incredible diversity. Our aim is to bring diverse communities together to embrace our differences and discover our shared experiences. It is a focus through which filmmakers promote, challenge, and develop an understanding of equality, social justice, non-discrimination, diversity, and multiculturalism.
We accept all genres of films from all over the world. We create an opportunity for filmmakers to get their films judged and let them compete with other filmmakers. We perform a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films.
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process. Our judges evaluate the quality of filmmaking, creativity, and storytelling ability.
1) We will have the Live Screening and Award Ceremony held on Monday, November 23rd to Sunday, November 29th, 2021.
2) The number of awards given out every month varies on the basis of the submission we receive.
4) Each winner will be contacted on the Notification Date
5) Each film has to be submitted to at least one genre, then they qualify for additional categories.
6) Films submitted into the review and rating category will receive their review and rating at the end of each month.
Rules & Terms:
- All films must have been made in or after 2018.
- Entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Work in progress is accepted.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker.
- Our entries do not compete against each other.
- Entree fees are non-refundable.
- Short films must be under 40 minutes and features should be 40 mins and over.
- Each film has to be submitted to at least one genre, then they qualify for additional categories. Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards.
- Online screeners and posters must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site.
- CDFF does not download your film or make it available online.
- Student films need to upload their ID on the submission page.