October is Anti-Bullying Month. This festival honors student films that center around the topic of Bullying.
The Not in Our Town Film Festival is co-sponsored by the Troy Alliance Against Hate Crimes, the Troy Public Library, the City of Troy and the Troy School District
Prize recipients will be determined by judges selected by TAAHC and the judges’ decision will be final. The top 12 winners will be invited to premiere their films at the “Not in Our Town” film festival, on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, from 7-9 pm at MJR Troy.
Your short film should creatively reflect the theme of anti-bullying. The entry must be the original work of the student(s), hereafter referred to as “entrant(s).”
1. This competition is open to students in Grades 9-12 during the 2017-18 school year.
2. The short film must be between 3 and 5 minutes in duration, no longer than 5 minutes, not including credits.
3. Limited use of copyrighted material will be permitted in the entry as long as it is a lawful or “fair” use, and so long as such use does not overwhelm the contribution of the student(s).
4. Individuals or teams of students may create and submit entries. A maximum of 4 students will be recognized per entry.
5. One entry per person, whether individual or group participation.
6. School staff and faculty may provide guidance and critiques but may not participate in conceiving and producing the video. Students are not required to have a teacher advisor in order to participate.
7. Entries must be submitted to https://filmfreeway.com/festival/NotInMySchool
8. Entries must be in the .mp4 format
9. Entries must be successfully turned in by 11:59pm on Sunday, September 24.
10. By submitting an entry, entrants 1) represent that their entries constitute original works of creativity that do not violate the property rights of any other person, and 2) grant the Troy School District, the City of Troy, and the TAAHC the right to exhibit, distribute, televise and otherwise use the entries in various media.
11. Prize recipients will be determined by judges selected by TAAHC and the judges’ decision will be final.
12. The top 12 winners will be invited to premiere their films at the “Not in Our Town” film festival, on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, from 7-9 pm.