First and foremost, we hope you are keeping you spirit up, in the midst of this pandemic. In times like this, we are all asked to step up our game, mind each other and value the most important thing in life, which is family, friendship and overall kindness.
We write you to inform you of what our festival’s plans are, in the face of this health crisis. We have decided, as is self-evident, that there is no point in holding a screening in May, as all predictions for the pandemic, by our government, say that the virus will not have run its course by then.
We are postponing our event for November and we will be extending our submission deadline to the end of September. Hopefully, in the fall, we will all have many reasons for celebration.
Keep calm and follow the safety precaution instructions.
Lisbon Film Rendezvous
Our aim is to screen films that might be overlooked by the international film festival circuit.
We will only charge if the film is aproved and, therefore, guaranteed for public screening. So you can go ahead and submit your film for free in the "Submission for Aproval" category. If the film is aproved we will request a new and final submission in the "Aproved and Guaranteed for Screening" category.
We have two major screening events: a Winter and a Summer edition, held in LACS, the Lisbon Art Center and Studios, Communitivity of Creators headquarters.
All filmmakers are free to represent their films in Lisbon. We will welcome you with open arms in a criative network atmosphere that our event and our unique venue provides.
We will promote the selected films in our site and social media.
Here is a taste of our previous editions and oficial selections: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD7yAUrTXcvyRrVgy8-xI5Q
Lisbon Film Rendezvous is an international showcase . No awards are bestowed since we aim to promote independent films and creative networking.
The LFR Laurel and Certificate will be send, via email, to all the screened filmmmakers.
RULES AND SUBMISSIONS
1) The entrant/submitter/movie-maker hereby certifies that he possesses the right(s) and all of the proper clearances to submit the film, including, but not limited to, image rights, talent releases, soundtrack and/or source music releases; and assumes all responsibility for their material. The LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any film submitted to the festival.
2) We will only charge if the film is aproved and, therefore, guaranteed for public screening. So you can go ahead and submit your film for free in the "Submission for Aproval" category. If the film is aproved we will request a new and final submission in the "Aproved and Guaranteed for Screening" category.
3) If selected, your work will be scheduled for one of the upcoming screening sessions.
4) The "Aproved and Guaranteed for Screening" entry fees are nonrefundable.
5) Multiple entries are allowed.
6) Our aim is to screen most of the films submitted to us. The amount of works received may, however, render it impossible to schedule as much as we would like. The criteria for the festival's selection is determined by the festival's head film programmer.
7) The LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS will only accept online screeners. Please submit your films via FilmFreeway. We do not accept DVD’s.
8) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English. The sutitles must be embeded in the film.
9) We accept every kind of film released after 2012.
10) We only accept short films. We consider short films to have the maximum duration of 15 minutes.
11) LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS reserves the right to disqualify any film whose submitter might be in any way linked to illicit or criminal acts, proven or otherwise.
12) The owners of the rights hereby authorize the film’s live screening in the LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS once the approval and respective payment are completed. This authorization is an indispensable condition for the inclusion in the festival’s screening selections.
Response from festival:
Just so its clear, a message was sent to you when the status for both of your films changed to "semi-finalist". The procedure to follow to guarantee the screening was also made clear. It was the same we follow with the other semi-finalist films.
Sorry about the misunderstanding though.
Good luck for the future.