Lisbon Film Rendezvous places a great deal of stock in having its selected work screened live. Living up to your screening expectations our live event happened from the 22nd to the 25th of June 2021.
2022 Lisbon Film Rendevous already opened its call!
Thank you for your confidence.
Our aim is to screen films that might be overlooked by the international film festival circuit.
We will only charge if the film is approved and, therefore, guaranteed for public screening. So you can go ahead and submit your film for free in the "Submission for Approval" category. If the film is approved we will request a new and final submission in the "Approved and Guaranteed for Screening" category.
We have two major screening events: a Winter and a Summer edition, held in LACS - Creative Cluster in downtown Lisbon.
All filmmakers are free to represent their films in Lisbon. We will welcome you with open arms in the creative network atmosphere that our event and our unique venue provide.
We will promote the selected films on our site and social media.
Lisbon Film Rendezvous is an international showcase . No awards are bestowed since we aim to promote independent films and creative networking.
The LFR Laurel and Certificate will be send, via email, to all the screened filmmmakers.
RULES AND SUBMISSIONS
1) The entrant/submitter/movie-maker hereby certifies that he possesses the right(s) and all of the proper clearances to submit the film, including, but not limited to, image rights, talent releases, soundtrack and/or source music releases; and assumes all responsibility for their material. The LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any film submitted to the festival.
2) We will only charge if the film is aproved and, therefore, guaranteed for public screening. So you can go ahead and submit your film for free in the "Submission for Aproval" category. If the film is aproved we will request a new and final submission in the "Aproved and Guaranteed for Screening" category.
3) If selected, your work will be scheduled for one of the upcoming screening sessions.
4) The "Aproved and Guaranteed for Screening" entry fees are nonrefundable.
5) Multiple entries are allowed.
6) Our aim is to screen most of the films submitted to us. The amount of works received may, however, render it impossible to schedule as much as we would like. The criteria for the festival's selection is determined by the festival's head film programmer.
7) The LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS will only accept online screeners. Please submit your films via FilmFreeway. We do not accept DVD’s.
8) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English. The sutitles must be embeded in the film.
9) We accept every kind of film released after 2012.
10) We only accept short films. We consider short films to have the maximum duration of 15 minutes.
11) LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS reserves the right to disqualify any film whose submitter might be in any way linked to illicit or criminal acts, proven or otherwise.
12) The owners of the rights hereby authorize the film’s live screening in the LISBON FILM RENDEZVOUS once the approval and respective payment are completed. This authorization is an indispensable condition for the inclusion in the festival’s screening selections.