Gold Coast International Film Festival & the world-class film department at Hofstra University present YOUTH FILM DAY - a FREE event for students in grades 7 – 12 who are aspiring filmmakers and/or considering careers in Film or TV.
February 29, 2020 from 9:00am – 5:00pm
Hofstra University Campus, Hempstead NY
The day will include:
• Hands-on filmmaking workshops in animation, cinematography, editing, sound design, special FX makeup, stunts & fight choreography, CGI, Employment Opportunities in Film & TV and more;
• The opportunity to submit your short film for awards consideration; and
• Tours of the state-of-the-art film & TV studios of Hofstra University’s Lawrence Herbert School of Communication.
All workshops will be taught by film industry professionals, GCIFF staff and Hofstra faculty.
This event is FREE but you MUST register in advance.
For more information and to register visit www.goldcoastfilmfestival.org/youthfilmday
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT A FILM IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND YOUTH FILM DAY. Deadline to submit films is February 1, 2020
SHORT FILM SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (it is not required to submit a film to attend YOUTH FILM DAY)
*All films (incl. credits) must be no more than five (5) minutes in length
*All films must be PG in content.
*We will accept films of all genres, including, but not limited to:
- Narrative (must tell a story or have some narrative structure)
- PSA or TV Commercial (maximum length – 2 minutes)
- Music Videos (of original music only)
NOTE: all content must be original and/or used with permission