Eye Myth has spent a long time being born. Named after 9 second film by the emminent filmmaker, Stan Brakhage, Eye Myth is about our passion and love of film.
Eye Myth is a platform for emerging and established artists to have the opportunity to have their work seen by as extensive an audience as possible. We value independent filmmaking, artistic integrity, and, above all, artistic innovation. As such our festival is more geared towards films that may be called "art & experimental" but in the interest of not limiting our goals we also accept non-genre narrative films as well as Video Essays.
Films selected to be screened by Eye Myth will be seen by a live audience.
A note on documentaries:
This festival is NOT accepting documentaries. Video Essays are not documentaries. Please ensure you follow the guidelines laid out herein to avoid having your film disqualified.
If you have any questions about whether or not your film qualifies as a video essay please don't hesitate to email me at email@example.com
We're happy to announce we're offering another prize this year. A prize will be awarded to Eye Myth's best film as well as one runner up.
All films must be submitted either through FilmFreeway or through a password protected digital upload on a third party site like Vimeo. I will not accept DVDs or hardcopies for consideration.
We are willing to screen films in either 16mm or 8mm. if you choose to go this route PLEASE ensure you notify us immediately and at least one month before the event.
- You must comply with all rules and regulations including deadlines and other requirements
- Films must have been completed in the last 2 years
- Non-English language works must contain English subtitles
- Filmmakers paying the student fee must email us a scanned copy of their up to date student ID in order to be considered.
- Your film MUST NOT have been released commercially ANYWHERE in North America. We will accept films that have been released commercially outside of North America.
- this festival is NOT accepting documentaries. A video essay is NOT a documentary. Please carefully consider the parameters laid out in the catagory or your film risks being disqualified