*** EFF is a festival produced by BROET if you want to keep updated about BROET's programme please visit our website or social media***
EFF is an international film festival for unconventional independent film, organised at several vibrant locations in Eindhoven (NL).
In a world that is rapidly changing, we feel it’s important to move along. As a festival, we focus on the experience and like to challenge our audience as well as makers to question the medium film, in order to stimulate innovative productions that really wow.
We love to show the diversity of the medium. Therefore, we’re always looking for films and moving images that question the boundaries of traditional filmmaking.
At our festival we show unconventional independent films varying from experimental shorts to breath-taking documentaries. We are very proud to present the work of talented filmmakers from all over the world. Besides an extensive film programme, you can enjoy a broad variety of film-related extras like live film scores, workshops and talks and exhibitions.
At Eindhoven Film Festival we:
• Like to be catalysers for innovation in film by mixing various disciplines and encouraging filmmakers to experiment regardless of traditions and clichés. We see the festival as a playground/laboratory where filmmakers, as well as the audience, are encouraged to make the imaginable possible.
• Want to redesign the way we experience film in collaboration with the filmmakers as well as the audience.
• Want to turn Eindhoven into a furtive breeding ground for innovative film productions, national as well as international.
• Aim to broaden people's perspective on society by showing unconventional (fictive/(hyper)real) stories straight from the heart of the filmmakers.
• Strive for inclusiveness. Eindhoven counts about 150 nationalities. We feel it’s important that the different cultures in Eindhoven feel at home and represented at the festival.
Everyone is a winner!
All the work we show at our festival deserves a prize. We feel it's important to present the films and give makers and oppurtunity to shine at our festival.
It's not about the awards it is about the stories makers have to tell and share with us.
CONDITIONS EFF 2020
*** more information to be announced soon ***
• EFF shows fiction, animation, experimental/art, video clips, VR projects and documentary films. In short we aim to show the variety of film and moving image, and encourage productions that break boundaries.
• We do not have any premiere status requirements. Priority may be given to works which have not recently reached large scale audiences.
• All films must be submitted via www.filmfreeway.com.
• All films must be subtitled in English. If the film is in English, we do not necessarily need English subtitles - but we prefer it.
• The submitted material (trailer, film, synopsis and stills) can be used for publicity purposes of EFF.
• The organisation of EFF has decision-making authority. In the event of unclear or unforeseen situations in this regulation, different decisions can be made.
• Results cannot be corresponded or discussed. Please note: Due to the volume of entries received, EFF cannot give individual feedback on submissions.
1. Upload 3 to max 5 film stills that are at least 300 dpi and that are preferably CMYK instead of RGB.
2. Upload your trailer in MOV or MP4 format. EFF may use your trailer for promotional purposes if your film is selected
3. Upload a digital English synopsis with a maximum of 90 words.
4. Also send us a copy of your film as a MOV or MP4 file. Please note that this file will be used for promotional use only.
5. Please fill in a complete list of cast & crew members.
6. All attached documents will not be returned.
7. The EFF has the right to send informational newsletters to the email provided.
Anyone who submits a film for EFF thereby agrees with being the holder of the rights of the film or have the rights of the film another way.
By subscribing and sending a film to the EFF, the filmmaker thereby agrees that the film was not made for commercial purposes with commercial money and is therefore an independent production.
• The EFF has the right to place your entry in a different category than you submitted. If the fee for this category is higher, we will charge the difference. If the fee is lower we will NOT refund the fee.
• A professional jury selects and nominates the films for EFF 2020.
• The professional jury will have the final say in making the selection. There are no statements made about them and nothing will be corresponded or discussed on the reason why a film is or is not selected.
• Movies that show a technical error or stuttering are not selected.
• All files must be named consequently by the Digital Cinema Naming Convention. Please check the following link to ensure you name your DCP-file correctly: http://isdcf.com/dcnc/.
• All DCPs need to have English subtitles. If the film is in English we don't necessarily need English subtitles - but we prefer it.
• If you have any questions regarding your DCP or other technical issues please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your film is selected for the EFF, you will receive free day tickets to visit the festival.
Nominated filmmakers from outside of the Netherlands will be invited to the festival.
We will support your stay in Eindhoven, not your travel expenses.
The submitter is solely responsible for compliance with the laws of the Netherlands.
The festival is not liable for any violations.
By subscribing and sending a film to the EFF, the filmmaker thereby accepts and agrees to the general terms and conditions.