A biennial showcase for fIlms by filmmakers in the Arab world and the Middle East, this festival seeks to foster understanding about the cultures of these diverse countries and regions through the art of cinema.
This is a noncompetitive festival that is focused on bringing Arab and Middle Eastern films to a receptive Cape Cod audience who might otherwise never see these films. There are no awards or prizes at the present time.
1. Any type of film will be considered, however the film's writer and/or director must be from one of the countries of the Arab World or of the Middle East. In addition, filmmakers from any country in the world who are of Arab and/or Middle Eastern descent may submit.
2. The goal of the festival is to foster crosscultural understanding, so films must feature Arab and/or Middle Eastern characters and topics.
2. Films that can be shown with someone from the production (director/writer/producer/actor, etc.) in attendance are preferred although that is not a requirement and travel support is limited. Please indicate if anyone from the film's cast or crew is able to attend.
3. Accepted films may not have any screenings in Barnstable County, Massachusetts (Cape Cod) prior to our festival.
4. Selected films will be screened on DVD, Blu-Ray, or DCP, so those formats must be available. Also, all non-English-language films must have either English subtitles or be dubbed in English.