"A festival made by indie filmmakers, for indie filmmakers!! Amazing organizers and an impressive film line-up! I had a great time and met some extremely talented filmmakers. Hoping to submit and get selected again next year! " - Katey Perkins, filmmaker **
** Quote from our 5-star sister festival Southern States Indie FanFilmFest, Biloxi, MS, Jan. 2020 - now a TOP 100 BEST REVIEWED festival on FilmFreeway!
CSIFFF 2019 will be held May. 28 - 31, 2019 with 3 full days of LIVE SCREENINGS at the plush and smoke-free Jumer's Casino in Rock Island, IL. Their fantastic viewing rooms and discounted room rates make for a great intimate festival experience. Quad Cities International Airport is minutes away, and Chicago's O'Hare and Midway International Airports are within a few hours drive.
CSIFFF celebrates the diversity of Americans and all human beings, so in addition to our general call for submissions, we are issuing a call for films with innovative, progressive and balanced stories from and concerning women, peoples of Latin, African, Asian and Middle Eastern descent, Native Americans, LGBTQ community, Seniors and Spanish Language films.
CSIFFF's RED CARPET AWARDS CEREMONY on Friday is an evening long event and a night to remember - with a four-course meal, table wines, film clips, photo ops, and awards throughout. You won't want to miss it!
CSIFFF is an International Film Festival that also celebrates the creative talent and diversity of the American Central States. We are dedicated to REAL INDIE FILMMAKERS - not the big studio spinoffs calling themselves as such. Central States Indie FanFilmFest is held in Rock Island, Illinois, which along with Davenport, Bettendorf and Moline make up the Quad Cities along the Mighty Mississippi River in America's heartland.
Although FILMS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM AROUND THE WORLD, additional categories are open for submissions from the following Central States: Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and North and South Dakota, and Wisconsin..
We are very excited to meet you and to review your creative gem. We understand how precious each film is to its creators and will work with you and the growing Central States Film Community to cultivate your craft in the coming months and years. OUR PROMISE - to diligently endeavor to empower INDEPENDENT filmmakers and celebrate film CREATIVITY and DIVERSITY in the Central States and around the world!
ALL SUBMISSIONS are eligible to be nominated for genre, role and crew categories as determined appropriate by judges, for example Comedy or Horror, Actor or Actress, and Director or Cinematography
ATMAN AWARD FOR DIVERSITY IN FILM - as one of the goals of CSIFFF is to become a powerful force in the celebration of diversity in the American Midwest and throughout the world, we will honor one Film at each of our festivals with the Atman Award for Diversity in Film for portraying the integration of diverse sentient beings via story line and/or casting. Atman, the innermost spiritual essence, signifies the one life force shared by all living creatures.
BEST OF FEST - given to the overall winner chosen by our judges from all submitted films.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE - Diversity is also encouraged by offering foreign language winners in many categories (must be subtitled in English).
STUDENT FILMMAKER - anyone 18 and under, or a college student (verified by student ID) please submit at student rates for automatic eligibility for student awards.
Awards given for each submission category; genre awards - for example Comedy, Foreign Language, or Horror; and craft - Cinematography, Soundtrack, Director, etc., as well as Talented New Director, and Talented Student Filmmaker.
MUSIC CATEGORIES, FILM POSTERS, and TRAILERS - only films that specifically submit to one or more of the Soundtrack, Song, Music Video or Trailer categories will be judged for those awards. Selected Trailers and Music Videos will be screened.
The judging panel reserves the right to remove a category or to add additional categories as they deem appropriate.
All entries and submissions to Central States Indie FanFilmFest must be made through FilmFreeway. See categories for specific lengths. Films not in English must be subtitled in English.
If you meet requirements for a Central States submission category, your film will be judged in the more narrow category while still eligible for top festival awards.
If your film is selected in only a MUSIC category - Soundtrack (Short or Feature), Original Song with Lyrics, Original Song Instrumental, we reserve the right to screen it in part.
By submitting your film you have read and agreed to all CSIFFF submission rules and these terms and conditions. If you have any further questions, please contact us via the email link.
1. SCREENING FEES - The Central States Indie FanFilmFest, LLC does not pay screening fees. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
2. SUBMISSION - All works must be submitted via FilmFreeway as an online screener. FilmFreeway allows you to upload the film or provide a link for a host site such as Vimeo or Youtube.
3. ONLINE SCREENERS must have working links and passwords throughout the submission process. It is your responsibility to notify us if any changes are made.
4. COMPLETION DATE - Entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2016.
5. PREMIERE REQUIREMENTS - currently there are no premiere requirements, however feature length films that are viewable by the general public online will be disqualified. We do not discriminate against shorts or featurettes films that are available to the public online, but many festivals do, so it is suggested that public release be delayed until you have completed your film festival run. Password protect the online viewer to guard against this issue.
6. WORKS IN PROGRESS are accepted but PLEASE READ: While you may submit the final edit up until the extended deadline, your original submission should be a fair representation of your final piece as our judges will be making their initial decisions based on it. When your final edit is complete, simply send us an email letting us know. If the film is substantially changed please re-submit the following year.
7. All works selected must be available and downloadable (by us) by May 1, 2019 for inclusion in the 2019 festival.
8. REFUNDS - CSIFFF does not issue refunds for submissions received.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By entering your film for consideration for the Central States Indie FanFilmFest, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the Central States Indie FanFilmFest, LLC and also hereby grants the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the Central States Indie FanFilmFest, LLC, and all of their agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The Central States Indie FanFilmFest, LLC may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. The Central States Indie FanFilmFest, LLC DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work. CSIFFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees. CSIFFF does not issue refunds.
Entering your film for consideration in the Central States Indie FanFilmFest is, hereby, your digital signature of agreement to posted Rules & Terms.