*Immediately showcasing select films on the BZN Virtual Platform, available year-round online to all Bozeman Film Celebration Members, in addition to the BZN International Film Festival 2023 event this October in Bozeman, Montana.*
The BZN International Film Festival, a production of the Bozeman Film Celebration, is dedicated to fostering intelligent filmmaking, understanding diverse points of view, and restoring media literacy. The BZN vision is to highlight films that make a positive impact on audiences—stories that showcase the best of the human spirit while inviting a call to action. We champion films that educate and enrich while they entertain: documentaries, indies, comedies, features, and shorts that make our cut must be intelligent and thought-provoking, inspire curiosity, and encourage community and global awareness. Above all, they should stimulate conversation—a lost art we’re determined to help restore.
Every film that screens will be considered for and award whether a Short or Feature film in any category.
These awards will be presented during the BZN IFF —
• Entry fees are nonrefundable and are payable by credit card only.
• Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
• If a feature film is accepted, we encourage the filmmaker(s) or a member of the film team to attend the festival to represent the film during the audience Q&A and participate in the festival experience.
•. If any portion of your film was produced in Montana, BZN would appreciate your contacting email@example.com to receive a submission waiver.
•. If the filmmaker has an affiliation with Montana State University, BZN would appreciate your contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a submission waiver.
• Filmmaker has all necessary legal authority and rights required to submit this film to the BZN.
• If accepted, the filmmaker will assume all responsibility for shipping and insurance costs to/from the Festival Office (if necessary). Please include all relevant return addresses & instructions in the packaging.
• The date, time, and location of the screenings of films are solely at the discretion of the Bozeman Film Celebration.
• All filmmakers must be able to provide either an MP4 and/or a DCP. Materials must be postmarked by May 8. BZN does not accept H264 files. (Please read this handy guide if you're having any issues with prepping your screening materials: bit.ly/2m10Qkn)
• BZN is not a “premiere” festival meaning that your film does not have to be a premiere to be accepted.
Questions regarding submissions to BZN may be directed to email@example.com
• By submitting your film, you grant BZN the right to utilize an excerpt from this film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Celebration for promotional purposes.
We look forward to seeing your films!
Response from festival:
I'm sorry to hear this. It would have been nice to hear this from you in person at any of the film screenings or private reception you attended while you were here.
You are correct. You should have been notified earlier that your film was being dropped from the live screening event. We apologize for that. In an effort to fine-tune our film lineup, we reviewed all the films that were screening and it was determined that there were some films that weren't at the same caliber as the rest of them. Unfortunately, your film was one of them.
The fact that you are a self-taught filmmaker is amazing and you no doubt have a bright future ahead of you. We wish you nothing but luck as you pursue your filmmaking career.