*Immediately showcasing select films on the BZN Virtual Platform, available year-round online to all Bozeman Film Celebration Members, in addition to the BZN International Film Festival 2021 event this September 9 - 12 in Bozeman, Montana.*
The BZN International Film Festival, a production of the Bozeman Film Celebration, is dedicated to fostering intelligent filmmaking, understanding diverse points of view, and restoring media literacy. The BZN vision is to highlight films that make a positive impact on audiences—stories that showcase the best of the human spirit while inviting a call to action. We champion films that educate and enrich while they entertain: documentaries, indies, comedies, features, and shorts that make our cut must be intelligent and thought-provoking, inspire curiosity, and encourage community and global awareness. Above all, they should stimulate conversation—a lost art we’re determined to help restore.
Every film that screens will be considered for the following:
Ted Turner Award - Given to the film that most inspires environmental stewardship (cash award)
Audience Award - Narrative Short
Audience Award - Narrative Feature
Audience Award - Documentary Short
Audience Award - Documentary Feature
Audience Award - Experimental/Animation Short
BZN Spirit Award - Given to the film, short or feature, that most honors the BZN Mission
These awards will be presented during the BZN IFF —
• Entry fees are nonrefundable and are payable by credit card only.
• Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
• If a feature film is accepted, we encourage the filmmaker(s) or a member of the film team to attend the festival to represent the film during the audience Q&A and participate in the festival experience.
•. If any portion of your film was produced in Montana, BZN would appreciate your contacting email@example.com to receive a submission waiver.
•. If the filmmaker has an affiliation with Montana State University, BZN would appreciate your contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a submission waiver.
• Filmmaker has all necessary legal authority and rights required to submit this film to the BZN.
• If accepted, the filmmaker will assume all responsibility for shipping and insurance costs to/from the Festival Office (if necessary). Please include all relevant return addresses & instructions in the packaging.
• The date, time, and location of the screenings of films are solely at the discretion of the Bozeman Film Celebration.
• All filmmakers must be able to provide either an MP4 and/or a DCP. Materials must be postmarked by May 8. BZN does not accept H264 files. (Please read this handy guide if you're having any issues with prepping your screening materials: bit.ly/2m10Qkn)
• BZN is not a “premiere” festival meaning that your film does not have to be a premiere to be accepted.
Questions regarding submissions to BZN may be directed to email@example.com
• By submitting your film, you grant BZN the right to utilize an excerpt from this film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Celebration for promotional purposes.
We look forward to seeing your films!