BuSho (Budapest Short) was established in the autumn of 2004 by a group of young Hungarian filmmakers and the first event successfully ran its course the following year. The festival became an international breakthrough in an exceptionally short period of time. We had plenty of festival screenings, selections of film academy's, conferences, exhibitions, film-, and all-art workshops in the program. Our main target group is the generation of developing young filmmakers but we are very delighted at every entry. This film celebration takes place in Budapest in the late summer of 2015.
Our main target group is the generation of developing young filmmakers but we are delighted at every entry. You can enter in three categories: fiction, animation and experimental.
Our mission is to develop the cultural identity of the audiovisual sector of Eastern and Central Europe. Following the second festival and since that every year we passed a few hour selection of Hungarian short films to 30 festivals around the world, which eases the way into the market of young European professionals and the promotion and distribution of the screened European films. In the long term we would like to make up Central-Eastern-European selections and bring them to other participants of the audiovisual sector which could strengthen co-operation among world wide film festivals.
The main organizer (the Foundation) is a non-governmental organization, and so are the major part of its co-operating partners, so the collaboration between the non-profit sector and cultural institutions is essential to the success of the project. The essence of this success is to motivate common activity among young inland filmmakers and other international organizations taking part in the audiovisual program. We would like to give young filmmakers a fair show to introduce and realize themselves in order to create a new common European value in which the supranational dimension is given by the participant countries.
BuSho main prize GOLD BUSHO
BuSho main prize SILVER BUSHO
BuSho main prize BRONZE BUSHO
The Special Prize of BuSho for the best Hungarian animation 500.000 HUF (ca. 1400 EUR)
The Special Prize of BuSho for the best Hungarian fiction 500.000 HUF (ca. 1400 EUR)
BuSho Award BEST ANIMATION
BuSho Award BEST EXPERIMENTAL
BuSho Award BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
BuSho Award BEST COMEDY
BuSho Award BEST PERFORMANCE
BuSho Award BEST VISEGRAD SHORT
STUDENT JURY PRIZES
BuSho Sziget Special Prize:
weekly pass for a 3-member mini crew with filming permission to the next Sziget festival
Zita Török, film playwright, NFI reader's "script package", which includes:
5-page evaluation of the script + 75-minute online consultation, value: 58.000 HUF.
We accept submissions in the categories of fiction, animation and experimental.
The length of your film must be no more than 30 minutes.
Submitted films should have been produced after the 1st of January 2020!
The festival official language is English. All non-English films must have burned in English subtitles.
- We cannot accept films that are uploaded and public on any video-sharing websites.
- Once a film has been selected, we are not able to take it back from the competition screening, because of other festival’s premiere rules.
- If the film is in the official selection, the creator of the film + 1 more person will be invited to the festival.
- Applications of other filmmaking workshops and festival organizers are also appreciated whose most successful films or a “Best Of” selection can be sent to the festival and also to the conference.
- If a filmmaker community applies, food and accommodation is provided for the group leaders and 1 more person. To avoid any inconvenience coming from last minute cancellation, all the guests are asked to pay an accreditation fee, which includes all the costs for the whole week. If your film has been selected and you would like to attend the festival, please go to the accreditation site, send the flight reservation as well as the proof of the transaction.
The filmmakers submitting their films to BuSho agrees at the same time to the:
- public presentation of their film(s) in the competition,
- public presentation of a part of their film(s) on TV for advertising the festival,
- presentation of the award winning films on the festival collection, which is made only for non-commercial use with BuSho watermark for events promoting the Festival.