Film Exchange in association with The David Ross Fetzer Foundation for the Emerging Artist present the Eighth annual Victoria Texas Independent Film Festival (VTXIFF), April 17th - 22nd, in downtown Victoria, TX. VTXIFF is designed to introduce the community to the passionate work being done in independent cinema, and to incentivize independent filmmakers to return to Texas to shoot their next film.
Moviemaker Magazine ranked VTXIFF among the top 25 in its list of 50 fests worth the submission fee in 2015 (and 2013). Rutger Hauer, legendary actor and director of his own film festival, visited VTXIFF and declared, “This is where good shit happens.” VTXIFF is the rare film festival run by passionate filmmakers who know how to deliver on the promise of what that experience should be for other filmmakers… like coming home.
It’s a rare film festival that understands that filmmakers need far more from the festival experience than Q&As and networking. VTXIFF is that rare community that celebrates, champions, and inspires artists of all kinds… especially filmmakers.
We strive to create the ultimate festival experience to the filmmakers we champion.
Here is a link to last year's award winners:
Each award winner receives a hand-made, one of a kind ceramic plate that is designed and created by local artist, Deborah Chronister.
Each award is hand-made from porcelain through a multi-step process. The plate form is first thrown on the potter’s wheel and altered to incorporate the shapes of the reels and projected light energy. The foot ring is specially carved for wall hanging. While the porcelain is still moist, the VTXIFF logo silhouette is painted on with black clay, and clear glaze is sprayed onto the entire concave surface. The logo design is carved through the layers of glaze and black clay to the white porcelain underneath in a vigorous manner to recreate the energy depicted on the original logo. Red clay is painted onto the rim before the plate is allowed to dry. Once completely dry, the porcelain and glaze are vitrified at 2245°F. The text and hanging wire are applied after firing.
Winners of Best of Fest, The Crossroads Award and Best Short are awarded the use of over $500,000 in film equipment, and production offices in Victoria for free on their next production through our Producing partner, Film Exchange. The gear was bestowed on VTXIFF by local philanthropist, Robert Hewitt Jr. and through The O'Connor and Hewitt Foundation the festival, and independent filmmaking has become a major cultural movement in Victoria, Texas. The gear package includes sound, lights and a 4k camera package with Zeiss Cinema Zooms and Compact Prime lenses.
1. Acceptance of a film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew.
2. The filmmaker is responsible for the one-way shipment of the print, to VTXIFF.
3. All films accepted are press screened. You will be asked to send a link with password that we can share with press outlets, and our jurors.
4. All films are subject to reviews.
5. The number of screenings, days and venues is at the sole discretion of the Festival.
6. It is cost prohibitive for the festival to insure individual prints. Make sure you have your own insurance.
7. VTXIFF is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
8. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
9. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless VTXIFF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.