Now in its sixth year, the One Minute Story Film Festival honors the art of short form story-telling. We showcase quality films that tell a story in a limited time span of 1-minute. The films do not have any restriction on genre or content, as long as they adhere to the length. Official Selections are chosen by a committee. Our screenplay competition focuses on films that are 1-page or the equivalent of 1-minute if they were to be filmed. Our festival has an atmosphere designed for networking and showcasing your work to film enthusiasts as well as other industry professionals. At the end of the night, we have an after party.
The Winner receives a trophy presented the day of the screenings.
ONE MINUTE STORY FILM FESTIVAL (OMSFF) SUBMISSION RULES
1. OMSFF competition categories are open to the United States and International entries.
2. Films can not exceed 1 minute, or 60 seconds, including opening and closing credits.
3. Screenplays should be 1 page or equivalent to 1 minute of film if they were shot.
4. Films must submit preview screeners via online with or without a password. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival.
5. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
6. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
7. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
8. Entries must include contact information, with both an email address and phone number if possible, on all submission materials.
9. For DVD and Blu-Ray submissions, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. DVD and Blu-Ray submissions will not be returned to the submitters.
10. OMSFF has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the One Minute Story Film Festival.
11. In order to receive your trophy or certificate, the project's producer or director must be present, unless a physical festival is not held.
12. If officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film for digital download. Most formats are acceptable.
13. OMSFF has the right to post selected films to our website or use clips for promotional purposes, unless the filmmaker notifies us in writing that they don't want it posted.
14. Screening copies will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
15. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.