The Lighthouse, 11 Mitchell Lane, Glasgow, G1 3NU
Graphic Design Festival Scotland is inviting filmmakers and artists from across the world to submit their films to SHORTS.
All films under 16 minutes will be considered. There are no restrictions around theme or subject. We welcome an eclectic mix however the final selection will be made with a creative, design orientated audience in mind.
Graphic Design Festival Scotland (GDFS) is an international festival which promotes creativity, innovation, collaboration and challenges ways of thinking through a programme of workshops, talks, panel discussions, exhibitions, competitions, music and urban murals.
Since launching, GDFS has partnered with more than 80 organisations, welcomed 20,000+ participants, attendees and visitors, with the 2015 programme completely selling out – the largest event ever hosted at Scotland’s National Centre for Design and Architecture, The Lighthouse.
GDFS is part of Scotland's Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design (#IAD2016)
The evening of shorts will be held at The Lighthouse in Glasgow. GDFS are hosting SHORTS with co-hosts Pretend Lovers, Glasgow based filmmakers, also joined by Warriors Studio on the panel.
Deadline for submitting - 10th of September
Event - 18th of October
If you have a short film you would like to be considered and shown, please submit via FilmFreeway or you can send a Vimeo/Youtube link to:
Keep up to date with the event on Facebook: www.facebook.com/events/1693574460931261
Awards & Prizes
Best Film Award - (chosen by Pretend Lovers and Warriors Studio)
Audience Choice Award
Rules & Terms
- The primary contact completing the submission form must have authorisation to submit the film, with permission from any distributor or sales agent who represents the film. The films must have obtained necessary permissions for any copyrighted music and/or images within the films. With this submission, the applicant confirms that they own all rights necessary for the screening of the submitted film at this event.
- We will consider all films under 16 minutes in length.
- GDFS has no premiere status rule. We accept works that are available online.
- All submissions are free and we do not require any fee.
- Please submit your film as a digital streaming link using either Vimeo or Youtube. Please include a password if applicable.
- A downloadable link to films selected to participate in the festival will be required, up to 1 week prior to the event. Films can be made downloadable via Vimeo, Youtube or WeTransfer.
- If the original language of any spoken dialogue or text in the film is not English, the preview / screening copy must be subtitled in English, unless this is the filmmaker’s intention.
-Submitted films will be viewed at least two members of the panel. All programming will be made at the discretion of the panel.
- Applicants will be notified via e-mail about the selection or rejection of their film by the end of September 2016.
- Films in the festival will screen publicly once.
- Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.
- By proceeding with your submission you accept and agree to these terms. Entry of a film is binding and implies acceptance of these regulations.