Join us for the Fourteenth Anniversary Season Event of the Green Bay Film Festival.
The Green Bay Film Festival now takes place over the course of a year with 5 distinct curated events showcased at our festival home, the historic Tarlton Theatre, in the heart of downtown Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The 2024 festival season will utilize our exciting new format. Events will be on February 10th, April 13th, June 8th, August 10th, and October 12th each with its own unique film theme. This allows for a festival presence year-round, to fully and adequately celebrate independent and individual films and filmmakers as well as provide an entertaining and educational experience. We connect filmmakers and audiences in a community setting! We include “talkbacks” between our filmmakers and audiences and bring in specialists from various fields for particularly hot topics. We delight in giving our filmmakers an extraordinary welcome in traditional Midwest fashion.
GBFF will introduce 5 distinct themes from which we will select the best to exhibit.
This Year's Categories Are:
INDIGENOUS STORIES: This category could entail the indigenous stories of people from Wisconsin, North America or the span the globe.
THE FEMALE PERSPECTIVE: Female centered stories, women behind the camera, all female cast.
TALES OF THE GREAT LAKES: From shipwrecks to fishing to water sports and local lore, share your favorite stories from the Great Lakes Region.
WISCONSINS OWN: The trials and tribulations of the State of Wisconsin, those who reside within it and those who make art about it.
DETECTIVE NOIR: From Double Indemnity to Inherent Vice, detectives, PI's and the dames they can't stay away from.
JURIED AWARDS will be determined in advance. Winning filmmakers will be awarded with airfare and lodging to attend the event containing their film, and asked to participate in a talkback with the audience in attendance. Filmmakers that are unable to attend or send a representative of the film may still be selected for screening, but will be ineligible for an award. Participation is vital to ensure that we can create an experience that goes beyond "watching a movie"!
Selected films will have the added opportunity of winning AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS in real-time during the festival event.
As one filmmaker said, “Green Bay is the perfect place to host a film festival. The talent is real and everyone’s doors are open.” We couldn’t agree more!
Awards and Prizes
JURIED AWARDS will be determined in advance. We will host the winning filmmakers, this includes airfare and lodging, thus we require that winning filmmakers are able to attend their event. We hope you will attend and help us create an experience that goes beyond "watching a movie"!
Selected films will have the added opportunity of winning AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS in real-time during the festival event. All films submitted will compete in noted categories
GBFF 2024 Jury's Choice Award Best of the Fest
GBFF 2024 Jury's Choice Award for Best INDIGENOUS STORY
GBFF 2024 Jury's Choice Award for Best FEMALE PERSPECTIVE
GBFF 2024 Jury's Choice Award for Best TALES OF THE GREAT LAKES
GBFF 2024 Jury's Choice Award for Best WISCONSINS OWN
GBFF 2024 Jury's Choice for Best Best DETECTIVE NOIR
GBFF 2024 Audience Choice Award for Best INDIGENOUS STORY
GBFF 2024 Audience Choice Award for Best FEMALE PERSPECTIVE
GBFF 2024 Audience Choice Award for Best TALES OF THE GREAT LAKES
GBFF 2024 Audience Choice Award for Best WISCONSINS OWN
GBFF 2024 Audience Choice Award for Best DETECTIVE NOIR
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Green Bay Film Festival does not select the category you are competing in. Your category selection when submitting your film determines which category you compete in.
Note: if Green Bay Film Festival feels that your film fits into a different category, you may be notified with an option to change. Please review the categories to ensure your film fits the selected category.
**NOTE: ANY film that receives a fee waiver or is invited by the festival will not be considered in competition.
Special Note: Awards! All filmmakers will be notified via the email address submitted on FilmFreeway. Awards will be sent to the address listed on FilmFreeway. Please make sure this information is correct and updated. Should an address not be provided, your response to award notification should be immediate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY SUBMITTING YOUR FILM, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms and Conditions are written such that; I or my represents the (Filmmaker) and that Film Green Bay/ Green Bay Film Festival may also be represented by (Festival, FGB/GBFF).
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand if selected, the Festival holds the right to screen my film.
5. Should my film be selected, a trailer will be requested for non-commercial promotional purposes. The festival may extract clips from my film or use submitted images for festival promotional purposes only, during the sales and promotional period in which the festival plays my film.
6. Should my film be selected, I will notify GBFF of all screenings and distribution that will be taking place prior to my film playing at the festival. I understand that should the festival determine that some screenings and distribution interfere with the festivals ability to draw an audience, they will request that my film will be withdrawn.I understand that the festival does not pay screening fees and that should I submit my film and it is selected to play that I will provide an exhibition copy to be shown for one screening without fees.
7. While the festival does not require a printed disc of my film, I understand that should I send GBFF or FGB a disc, the Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay are not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival's possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
8. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony; I understand that any party representing the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
9. I must clear all copyrighted material included in my film before it can be publicly screened. The Green Bay Film Festival does not check to make sure that I have cleared these materials at any point during the application process, nor will GBFF or FGB be held responsible for any inclusion of un-cleared materials in my film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. Quite often, rights holders offer reduced rates for festival films, so I should contact them directly to avoid any possible rights infringements.
10. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival.
11. I understand that should I send a disc to the festival that the Festival will not return my film to me.
12. I understand that if a exhibition copy of the film has not been delivered by the deadline, the version of the film submitted for selection purposes may be played for an audience.
13. I understand that once I agree to accept my selection to the festival, the festival has an irrevocable license to exhibit the film one time.
Submissions: FilmFreeway’s high-quality digital online submission platform. Our jury screens online films only. Please make sure your uploaded file works correctly. If you have any problems with FilmFreeway secure online screener, please contact FilmFreeway; the festival cannot help you with this.
Exhibition Copies to show at Festival:
All films will be shown as an electronic file via a projector in mp4. Please be sure you read the technical specifications on how to submit your exhibition copy should you be selected.
Trailers: If you are selected we encourage you to send your trailer. (Please, no longer than One minute.) Trailers should be submitted as an electronic file in mp4 format.