Join us for the Eleventh Anniversary Season Event of the Green Bay Film Festival.
GBFF festival will take place over several weeks starting February and wrapping up March of 2021. Specially selected films have an opportunity to be played in the festival segment called "Films Around Town" (playing in various venues around town) leading up to a weekend extravaganza event March 5-6, 2021 at St. Norbert College.
The 2021 Festival includes networking opportunities for filmmakers over the weekend extravaganza with parties, and a Sunday morning Pancake award ceremony. All of GBFF weekend extravaganza events are within walking distance with reduced hotel accommodations right across the street from our screening venue. We also provide the filmmaker “Green Room” a private setting where your conversation and networking continues throughout the weekend!
GBFF has a multitude of categories! Besides our annual Features, Documentary, Short and Wisconsin Films; if you find your film fits in Animation, Children & Family, Cultural, Thriller/Horror or is a Wisconsin made film, you’ll want to be sure to select that option! GBFF always has a Short film segment, documentaries and features playing during their weekend sessions. Plus, be sure to consider submitting to GBFF's ever popular Saturday Night THRILLER & HORROR segment.
This Year's Categories Are:
DOCUMENTARIES • FEATURES • SHORTS • THRILLER & HORROR • WISCONSIN’S OWN• MIXED BAG, this is a new category for films that simply just don't fit anywhere else.
We hope you will attend and help us create an experience that goes beyond "watching a movie"! We connect filmmakers and audiences in a community setting! We include “talkbacks” following the films between our filmmakers and audiences and for those hot topic’s, we bring in specialists from various fields.
We delight in giving our Filmmakers extraordinary welcomes in traditional Midwest fashion. Make your Name and Film headlines to a community thirsty for talent with a thriving knowledgeable film base.
As one filmmaker said, “Green Bay is the perfect place to host a film festival. The talent is real and everyone’s doors are open.” We couldn’t agree more.
All films submitted will compete in noted categories and first place finalists be awarded a $50 cash prize for:
GBFF 2021 Juries Choice Award
GBFF 2021 Juries Choice Award for Best Thriller/Horror
GBFF 2021 Audience Choice Award for Best Short
GBFF 2021 Audience Choice Award for Best Feature
GBFF 2021 Audience Choice Award for Best Documentary
GBFF 2021 Audience Choice Award for Best Wisconsin’s Own
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Green Bay Film Festival does not select the category you are competing in. Your category selection when submitting your film determines which category you compete in. Your film might fall into awards categories based on its length, ie shorts or feature length.
The juries awards are based on ALL films submitted.
Note: if GBFF feels that your film fits into a different category, you will be notified with an option to change. Please review the categories to insure your film fits the appropriate category.
**NOTE: ANY film who receives a fee waiver or is invited by the festival will not be considered in competition.
Special Note: Awards! All filmmakers will be notified via the email address submitted on FilmFreeway. Awards will be sent to the address listed on FilmFreeway. Please make sure this information is correct and updated. Should an address not be provided, your response to award notification should be immediate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY SUBMITTING YOUR FILM, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms and Conditions are written such that; I or my represents the (Filmmaker) and that Film Green Bay/ Green Bay Film Festival may also be represented by (Festival, FGB/GBFF).
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand if accepted, that the Festival holds the right to screen my film for all Festival screenings, this includes the festival’s Films Around Town Series and weekend at St. Norbert College. If accepted my film may be shown once or twice during this festival period from January thru March of the current festival year.
5. Should my film be accepted, a trailer will be requested for non-commercial promotional purposes. The festival may extract clips from my film or use submitted images for festival promotional purposes only, during the sales and promotional period in which the festival plays my film.
6. Should my film be selected, I will notify GBFF of all screenings and distribution that will be taking place prior to my film playing at the festival. I understand that should the festival determine that some screenings and distribution interfere with the festivals ability to draw an audience, they will request that my film will be withdrawn.I understand that the festival does not pay screening fees and that should I submit my film and it is selected to play that I will provide an exhibition copy to be shown for one, possibly two screenings without fees.
7. While the festival does not require a printed disc of my film, I understand that should I send GBFF or FGB a disc, the Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay are not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the print during screenings, at any other time during the course of the Festival, while the film is in the Festival's possession or while en route to or from the Festival, and I release Green Bay Film Festival and Film Green Bay from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the print while en route to/from the Festival or while it is in their possession.
8. In the event the designated party is unable to attend the awards ceremony; I understand that any party representing the film as listed in the credits of the film shall accept any and all awards in their stead.
9. I must clear all copyrighted material included in your film before I can publicly screen it. The Green Bay Film Festival does not check to make sure that I have cleared these materials at any point during the application process, nor will GBFF or FGB be held responsible for any inclusion of un-cleared materials in my film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. Quite often, rights holders offer reduced rates for festival films, so I should contact them directly to avoid any possible rights infringements.
10. I am aware Festival may provide critics an opportunity to review films prior to the Festival.
11. I understand that should I send a disc to the festival that the Festival will not return my film to me.
Submissions: Vimeo, YouTube, and FilmFreeway’s high-quality digital online submission platform. Our jury screens online films only. Please make sure your uploaded file works correctly. If you have any problems with FilmFreeway secure online screener, please contact FilmFreeway; the festival cannot help you with this.
Exhibition Copies to show at Festival:
All films will be shown as an electronic file via a projector in mp4 or mov. Please be sure you read the technical specifications on how to submit your exhibition copy should you be selected.
Trailers: If you are selected we encourage you to send your trailer. (Please, no longer than One minute.) Trailers should be submitted as an electronic file in either mp4 or mov format.