The WIIFA runs as a satellite-fest to the successful Wolves Independent International Film Festival which is based in, Lithuania from 2015.
The WIIFA is looking for the gifted filmmakers and artists of our generation. The Independent film community is without a doubt the backbone of the industry. This is why it is so important for there to be opportunities for these independent geniuses to be recognized. The Wolves Independent International Film Awards provides a tremendous amount of opportunities for filmmakers to receive the accolades they deserve within our awards. We want to help indie filmmakers find success by celebrating their achievements with a plethora of different awards.
Every three months, every Season: Winter (December – February), Spring (March – May), Summer (June – August), Autumn (September – November), we choose nominees and winners so filmmakers don't have to wait an entire year for results. This allows you to quickly build buzz for your project. Winners and nominees will be announced by the 10th of the following month after the Season deadline. That means for the Winter season deadline, the results will be posted no later than March 10th. Do any of these words describe your film: nature, heritage, environment, history, culture, adventure, wildlife, indigenous cultures, social issues... you welcome! All genres accepted: action, comedy, drama, fantasy, mystery, romance, science fiction, experimental...
Best Of Show Winner, will receive an Official WIIFA Trophy and a guaranteed spot in our next Wolves Independent International Film Festival (WIIFF, 24-26 August 2018) screening schedule, by the decision of the jury.
Awards & Prizes
Best Feature Narrative
Best Short Narrative
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Rules & Terms
All movies must meet the following requirements to take part in this competition. The entrant/submitter/moviemaker/controlling company accepts all of the rules and terms in full by sending in a movie for consideration.
1) Anyone profesional filmmaker, from any country can participate in this competition. Movies of any length are allowed to enter the competition, but all dialogue must either be spoken in English or the movie must have English subtitles.
2) The entrant can submit as many entries separate, as they want. Submissions can include short films, feature films, documentary and other categories. With or without notice, a category may be removed from consideration at any time. For the purposes of these Rules and Terms categories that contain moving images are considered movie(s).
3) Previously entered movies can be re-submitted if they did not previously win any awards in past editions of the WIIFA.
4) Please double check the exact length of your movie, including opening credits, closing credits, bumpers, etc. and submit into the appropriate category or else your movie may be disqualified if improperly submitted. Submission fees will not be returned in such cases. (Short 0 – 50 Minutes,
Feature, 50+ Minutes)
5) The entrant/submitter/moviemaker hereby certifies that they possess the right(s) and all of the proper clearances to submit the movie, including, but not limited to image rights, talent releases, soundtrack and/or source music releases; and assumes all responsibility for their material. The WIIFA accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any movie submitted to the festival.
6) The participants will not get feedback.
7) Every entry/submission will be judged based on its directing, acting, technical, and artistic merits, as related to the submission.
8) The WIIFA only accepts online screeners. Please submit screeners via FilmFreeway.com. Please don't send discs or any downloadable files.
9) The WIIFA does not refund fees after an entry has been submitted, especially if a submission has already been adjudicated and/or the deadline for the current submission period has passed. Moviemakers/submitters should familiarize themselves with the Rules and Terms prior to submission. Questions asked after submission may or may not receive a response.
10) The submitter/moviemaker grants the Wolves Independent International Film Awards the right to use the movie’s trailer and/or other materials (such as the poster, headshots, bios, etc.) for promotional purposes, in perpetuity, without any further consideration, and accepts sole responsibility for the use of all materials.
11) All decisions made by the judge(s) are considered final and incontestable. We reserve the right to not give all of the awards possible if we didn't receive enough entries in a particular category or if none of the submissions met our high judging standards. If we deem it appropriate, additional categories of awards may be presented as well.
12) Laurels in PDF format will be sent to all winners. Best Of Show Winner, will receive and Official WIIFA Trophy and a guaranteed spot in our next Wolves Independent International Film Festival screening schedule, by the decision of the jury.
13) At the end of adjudication, the results of the Wolves Independent International Film Awards will be made public and accessible on the official website of the WIIFA.
14) Movies containing overly vulgar pornographic content, obscene titles and/or content deemed hateful, racist, or in poor taste may be disqualified.
15) The WIIFA reserves the right to add, modify, or discard rules and terms, if needed, as needed, at any time, at its sole discretion, with or without notification
16) By submitting an entry to the WIIFA, the entrant(s)/submitter(s)/moviemaker(s)/controlling company accept(s) all of the rules and terms herein, in their entirety, without modification. Entrant/submitter/moviemaker further acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees. If entrant/submitter/moviemaker does not agree with these terms, do not submit your entry. By submitting, entrant/submitter/filmmaker indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply will all of the Rules and Terms stated in items 1-16 above.
17) We support the sanctions imposed on the aggressors states by the democratic world community.