🍁 𝑺𝒖𝒃𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒎𝒏 𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 🍁
𝗜𝗠𝗗𝗕 𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗬𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟 𝗕𝗢𝗧𝗛 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
The city of San Giovanni A Piro, Il Varco and Aedon, are proud to announce the fourth edition of Mondi Lontani Film Festival, formerly known as Scario Short Film Festival.
Mondi Lontani Film Festival in its last screenings saw more than 600 people attending in the main square of the city plus an uncountable number of passerbys on the most populated street of the city during the summer nights.
Our goal is to bring works of art from distant worlds to the heart of Cilento, showing different cultures. We believe in artistic and cultural dissemination as an instrument of education and emancipation of people. We believe that showing distant worlds is the best way to bring everyone closer.
𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗕𝗢𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗔 𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗔𝗡 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗘
We’re developing a bigger fourth edition thanks to the collaboration with the institutions, planning to show a larger number of quality films in a three-days long event, with a new hybrid format both online and offline:
We are hosting four seasonal calls that will end with an online screening on our platform, selected by our artistic director. The winning films will qualify for the outdoor screening in the main square of San Giovanni a Piro in the summer of 2022 and will compete for the victory of the various prizes, including the cash prize.
Three days of cinema with the best shorts received through this call for entries that we'll select from all over the world, thanks to the collaboration with the staff from cultural associations Il Varco and Aedon. The artistic director is 𝗘𝗹𝗶𝗼 𝗗𝗶 𝗣𝗮𝗰𝗲, director and filmmaker whose work has been featured in 𝗩𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹.
𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞𝗦
- The competition is divided into 4 seasonal editions. At the end of each edition, the 5 selected short films and the 4 selected scripts will be announced and the films will be screened live on our website;
- We will pick two short films and one script among the selected works which will compete in the live event in Scario in the summer of 2022 for all the main prizes;
- The deadlines of the seasonal editions are as follows:
Autumn edition: 19 October 2021 - 11 December 2021
Winter edition: 19 December 2021 - 25 February 2022
Spring edition: 7 March, 2022 - April 28, 2022
Summer edition: 18 May 2022 - 30 July 2022
Live Edition: 26-28 Aug 2022
𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠𝗦, 𝗘𝗡𝗝𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬
The city of San Giovanni a Piro is famous for the quality of its waters and its landscapes and for its position in the Gulf of Policastro. Many tourists from all over the world come here on vacation to enjoy the beautiful beaches carved in stone, only accessible through boat service. Clear and transparent water like in a tropical paradise.
Join us for an experience of sea, nature, cinema, art and culture.
See you in San Giovanni a Piro.
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗕𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦
- More than $20 in discount codes from our partner festivals. You will receive a 50% waiver to submit to Il Varco - International Short Film Festival, Short Days, Prisma Rome Film Awards, Desenzano Film Festival and Pollino Film Festival. This means that this submission is not only practically free, but an all-around advantage.
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦
- An invite to take part in the screenings and the chance to win one of the prizes. Moreover, the selected projects will be invited to take part to the BOARD OF DIRECTORS of Il Varco - International Short Film Festival, joining more than 30 award-winning directors from all around the world, including Oscar-Shortlisted directors.
- Best International Short ( 𝟓𝟎𝟎$ 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 )
- Best Italian Short
- Best Director
- Best Screenwriter
- Best Cinematographer
- Best Editing
- Best Original Score
- Best Actor / Actress
- Best Screenplay
We require the adhesion to very simple rules:
- Free theme, genre and style;
- Maximum duration of 45’ mins, produced after 1/1/2016;
- Works that are not in italian must be english or italian subtitled;
- The author must declare to be in possession of all rights for the movie;
- The judgement of the jury is unchallengeable;