Since 2015, the Full Bloom Film Festival has showcased nearly 300 carefully curated films from 34 different countries. Now entering its 5th year, FBFF continues to shed light on global and local communities alike, offering a level of hospitality where each filmmaker feels truly appreciated. Over the course of the four-day festival, filmmakers and festival goers will have a chance to experience a variety of international short and feature-length films, partake in panel events and a filmmaker roundtable, and, of course, enjoy unforgettable parties each night. Each of the festival’s five screening venues is custom upfitted in a historic building located in the heart of downtown Statesville (including the town’s “Old Jail”).
The Full Bloom Film Festival is currently accepting films submissions in the following categories: Narrative Feature, Documentary Feature, Short Narrative, Short Documentary, and Animation. Filmmakers of officially selected films will be given the option of complimentary hotel accommodations (TBA upon selection), as well as assistance getting from and to the Charlotte airport. At the close of the festival, cash prizes will be awarded to winning films in each category, as well as an award for “Best of Fest.”
FBFF 2019 will take place September 19th through September 22nd in and around Historic Downtown Statesville. This nonprofit festival is organized by a committed group of area business leaders, film enthusiasts and volunteers. The festival is a collaborative effort supported by:
-Iredell County Arts Council
-City of Statesville
-Mitchell Community College
-Statesville Chamber of Commerce
-Statesville Recreation and Parks Department
Officially selected films will be eligible to receive awards by category, as well as the ranking award for Best of Fest. Prizes will be awarded by a panel of judges based on the film’s overall artistic, narrative, and technical quality.
Winning films in each category will be awarded $250 (Visa gift card or via PayPal).
The winning film for "Best of Fest" will receive $500 (Visa gift card or via PayPal).
Animation (any length)
Each official selection will be given two (2) VIP Passes to attend Full Bloom Film Festival screenings and events. FBFF plans to offer networking opportunities and panel discussions for film industry professionals and fellow supporters of the arts community. Attendees representing officially selected films may also be asked to participate in panels and moderated Q&A sessions with the audience immediately following their film’s screening.
In addition, if your feature film has World or Domestic Premiere status, it is eligible for a red carpet premiere. The red carpet premiere will include four (4) VIP Passes, hotel accommodations, and a red carpet entrance with coverage from local and regional news outlets. A red carpet premiere may be granted to up to two (2) feature film selections. Let us know upon submission if you wish to be considered as a premiere film.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. The Full Bloom Film Festival is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
2. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
3. The Full Bloom Film Festival retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
4. Cash prizes and categories listed online are not set on exact figures and may vary. Contact the Full Bloom Film Festival for current prize and category listings.
5. Filmmaker is responsible for clearing all rights to the content of the film.
6. Filmmaker grants the Full Bloom Film Festival the right to use excerpts from the film including audio, video, names and images to promote the festival.
7. Applicant admits that he/she is authorized to submit the film, being the sole rights-holder or authorized representative thereof.
8. Applicant agrees to provide a film representative's Name, Full Address, Phone and all other contact information at the time of submission.
9. Upon acceptance, filmmakers (or primary film contact) will provide an exhibition copy* in one of the following formats:
iv. QuickTime 1080p HD 8 bit uncompressed or Apple ProRes file or equivalent
(*Format subject to change. Should any issues arise regarding the availability of the intended exhibition copy, films will be screened as scheduled from a format left to the discretion of festival organizers.)
10. Filmmakers are responsible for shipping costs associated with delivering all materials to the Full Bloom Film Festival.
11. All non-English speaking films must have adequate English subtitles.
12. Screening fees must be declared prior to or upon submission. If a screening fee is only indicated after the official selection has been announced, the Festival retains the right to revoke this film's acceptance.