Submissions are open for the fifth annual Full Bloom Film Festival!
The Full Bloom Film Festival is dedicated to bringing quality, diverse cinema to Statesville, a multifaceted art-conscious city in North Carolina, just north of Charlotte. FBFF aims to shed light on our local and global communities, whether a film examines the emotions of a seemingly mundane interaction, points to environmental injustice, or recalls a momentous event in history.
FBFF 2019 will take place this year from September 19th through September 22nd in and around Historic Downtown Statesville.
The Festival is organized by a committed group of area business leaders, film enthusiasts and volunteers. The Festival is a collaborative effort supported by:
-Iredell County Arts Council
-City of Statesville
-Mitchell Community College
-Statesville Chamber of Commerce
-Statesville Recreation and Parks Department
Officially selected films will be eligible to receive awards by category, as well as the ranking award for Best of Fest. Prizes will be awarded by a panel of judges based on the film’s overall artistic, narrative, and technical quality.
Winning films in each category will be awarded $250 (Visa gift card or via PayPal).
The winning film for "Best of Fest" will receive $500 (Visa gift card or via PayPal).
Animation (any length)
Each official selection will be given two (2) VIP Passes to attend Full Bloom Film Festival screenings and events. FBFF plans to offer networking opportunities and panel discussions for film industry professionals and fellow supporters of the arts community. Attendees representing officially selected films may also be asked to participate in panels and moderated Q&A sessions with the audience immediately following their film’s screening.
In addition, if your feature film has World or Domestic Premiere status, it is eligible for a red carpet premiere. The red carpet premiere will include four (4) VIP Passes and a red carpet entrance with coverage from local and regional news outlets. A red carpet premiere may be granted to up to two (2) feature film selections. Let us know upon submission if you wish to be considered as a premiere film.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The Full Bloom Film Festival is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
2. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
3. The Full Bloom Film Festival retains the right to accept or decline any film, for whatever reason, without notice or explanation.
4. Cash prizes and categories listed online are not set on exact figures and may vary. Contact the Full Bloom Film Festival for current prize and category listings.
5. Filmmaker is responsible for clearing all rights to the content of the film.
6. Filmmaker grants the Full Bloom Film Festival the right to use excerpts from the film including audio, video, names and images to promote the festival.
7. Applicant admits that he/she is authorized to submit the film, being the sole rights-holder or authorized representative thereof.
8. Applicant agrees to provide a film representative's Name, Full Address, Phone and all other contact information at the time of submission.
9. Upon acceptance, filmmakers (or primary film contact) will provide an exhibition copy* in one of the following formats:
iv. QuickTime 1080p HD 8 bit uncompressed or Apple ProRes file or equivalent
(*Format subject to change. Should any issues arise regarding the availability of the intended exhibition copy, films will be screened as scheduled from a format left to the discretion of festival organizers.)
10. Filmmakers are responsible for shipping costs associated with delivering all materials to the Full Bloom Film Festival.
11. All non-English speaking films must have adequate English subtitles.