*due to covid, the June 2021 Grove Film Festival will be held online.
Grove Film Festival was created to offer a fun relaxed festival atmosphere, showcasing quality independent films, while offering networking opportunities in a fun upbeat setting. The diverse array of films, selected by a committee, includes features and shorts from all genres, as well as documentaries, music videos and screenplays. The festival is hosted in Jersey City New Jersey; with an after party following the screenings, that includes networking for actors and filmmakers.
Our festival will be a one night event, with films screening in the screening room of the Brightside Tavern in Jersey City. Following the screenings will be a chance for filmmakers and actors to mingle, followed by an after party. Food and Beverages are available during the screenings and after.
The Audience Choice Award is determined by the festival attendees voting.
Winning and nominated screenplays will be listed on our website.
Grove FILM FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Grove Film Festival competition categories are open to the United States and International entries.
2. All entries must submit preview screeners on DVD (NTSC) or Blu-Ray or via online through FilmFreeway. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival.
3. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
4. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
5. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
6. Entries must include contact information, submission tracking #, and both an email address and phone number if possible, on all DVD and Blu-Ray submissions.
7. For DVD and Blu-Ray submissions, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. DVD and Blu-Ray submissions will not be returned to the submitters.
8. Grove Film Festival has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the Grove Film Festival without paying screening fees.
9. In order to receive an award trophy or certificate, the project's producer or director must be present, unless a physical festival is not held.
10. If officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in DVD, Blu-Ray, or digital download format.
11. Screening copies will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
12. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.
Payments can be made through FilmFreeway by credit card, or by check or money order. If payment is not made by credit card through FilmFreeway, the submission must also include a check or money order of the appropriate funds made out to: Grove Film Festival. Submission fees are non-refundable.