Castellaneta Film Fest is an International short film and music videos festival, held in a beautiful town in Puglia, Italy. We are involved in cinema, art exhibitions, music videos and live music performances. We are looking for original stories and all filmmakers from all over the world are more than welcome!
• Best Short Animated Film: plaque given by the specific jury in collaboration with Scratch! International Film Festival.
• Best Short Documentary: plaque given by the specific jury in collaboration with Festa del Cinema del Reale ( www.cinemadelreale.it) and Festival Cinematografico Vicoli Corti ( www.vicolicorti.it ).
• Best Short Fiction: plaque given by the specific jury in collaboration with Lucania Film Festival (www.lucaniafilmfestival.it).
• People’s Choice Award: plaque given by the popular jury.
• Special Award Castellaneta Film Fest: chosen by the Castellaneta Film Fest staff.
• Best Short Film Genre (Horror, Fantasy, Musical, Literary): chosen by the Castellaneta Film Fest staff.
• Special Award “SIGHTS FROM A DIFFERENT SOUTH” BEST SHORT FILM FOR THE CATEGORY “CINEMA, PROBLEMATIC AREAS AND THEIR REDEMPTION”.
• Best Short Film Castellaneta Film Fest 2016, chosen by the jury. Prize: € 1.000,00
The winner of each category and the three special awards will compete for the cash prize of 1000,00 Euro.
• Special Award REC’N’PLAY, chosen by the students of the cinema and music lab of Rec’n’Play ( www.recnplay.it ), partner of Castellaneta Film Fest.
• Best Music Video, chosen by the jury. Prize: € 500,00.
Only those films produced after January 1st 2014 will be accepted.
Works of the following categories will be considered for selection:
•Short films: every genre with a distinctive attitude to tell original short stories. All films submitted must be no more than 18 minutes in length, including credits.
•Music Videos: music videos from any independent artist of any musical genre. All videos must be no more than 7 minutes in length. It is not required that the artist/band/singer have signed a contract with a record label. It is only required that the film’s and music’s right-holders do fully agree. If the music video is not presented to the competition by the record label that owns the music, the person presenting the work must hold the rights to audio-visual use of the music in the video or provide a signed authorization by the music’s right-holders.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
The participants to the Castellaneta Film Fest must upload their works on the online platform FilmFreeway (www.filmfreeway.com) after paying a submission fee of € 8,00, as indicated on the selected platform.
A maximum of two works can be submitted by each filmmaker. However, for each genre, only one work from each director will be admitted to the competition.
Films in Italian language must be supplied with:
• A media file
• A synopsis of the short film
• A short biography of the director focusing on his works as a filmmaker
• The films in dialect must be supplied with subtitles and dialogue list in Italian.
Films not in Italian must be supplied with:
• A media file with subtitles in ENGLISH
• A media file without subtitles
• A copy of the dialogue list in English and/or Italian
• A synopsis of the short film
• A short biography of the director focusing on his works as a filmmaker.
Participants must send:
• A photo of the filmmaker that the applicant gives the permission to publish;
• Still frame photographs of the film that the applicant gives the permission to publish and promotional materials (cards, posters, playbills, etc), if applicable.
Directors give authorization to the Board of Organisers to publish the supplied material only for promotional purpose.
All works must be sent in digital master formats HD 720p / 1080p, MP4 or MOV H.264.