These days there’s an abundance of film makers looking for ways to get their films noticed at film festivals. Thinking ‘Out of the Box’ to provide them a platform with global audiences viewing at the same time, Shunyatam International Film Festival (Shunfest) was redesigned as a Hybrid film festival. A part of a multi-platform initiative to increase the reach and visibility of independent films, and to provide a showcase for diverse storytelling that inspires and engages, Shunyatam International Film Festival will be simultaneously held physically (Offline) as well will be available Online via digital platforms, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and the like.
Why do we have to do it Hybrid? It's simple. There is a great need for it. With the growing technologies, the world in indeed "coming closer" online as well as offline. While audiences are intrigued by films from around the world, not all can travel to the festival venue to catch the wonderful films that are screened. It will also give a wider reach to the film makers as it will also get them the audience where the film cannot travel.
“The world of film making is changing, and filmmakers can make as much of an impact on small screens as they do on big screens. Also the media for watching films have been changing as there are a lot of mediums that are offering them the viewing pleasure at their own time and space. This gave us the impetus and idea of having a Hybrid Film Festival (Online as well as Offline) where we can get more audiences for these films. And thus Shunyatam International Film Festival was re-designed to associate with a digital platform and inspire the makers to bring in the best of stories and characters from across the world. It also challenges us to elevate the breadth and depth of innovative storytelling through our Hybrid Film Festival in today’s tough times when coming together is maintained at a distance,” said Mahua Majumdar, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer and the Festival Director.”
So what are you waiting for? Send in your original films or the most technical one. Send in drama, comedy, horror, thriller, dark or humanity based, period or LGBT, each one is accepted as we love films and we love originality. We love our Indian roots and we love our world exposure. We love Indian films and we love global cinema. Don’t wait further! Send in your entries right away and get it showcased at the best digital platform where your inspiring films get their due - only at Shunyatam International Film Festival.
Awards & Prizes are given in as many as 21 award categories that include Best Feature Film, Best Independent Film, Best Short Film, Best Animation Film, Best Documentary Film, Best Music Video, Best Web Series, and Best LGBT Film in the main category. In the technical category, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best DOP and Best Music will be awarded where the winners will carry home a Trophy at a glittering Film Awards Ceremony. Apart from these awards, there will be a ‘Best of the Fest’ trophy to the most promising Film maker. All participants will receive a digital Participation Certificate, ready for print, which can be printed anywhere. Only the winners in are eligible for trophies.
1) We accept all kind of films.
2) The film production could be from any year.
3) Only online Submission will be accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway.
4) Each entry will be accompanied by non-refundable fees. No Checks are accepted to pay submission fees, only online payment through FilmFreeway
5) Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category or different Category.
6) Entrance fee is non-refundable. Entries will not be processed without entry fee payment.
7) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
After a film has been selected and the filmmaker is notified, the film will be listed on the festival web site under official selections until festival is not over. Irrespective of whether it wins any awards or not.
8) Filmmakers competing in this festival that wishes that their films are not showcased Online should mention the same specifically. Judges will award the best films through private and Offline screenings.
9) By submitting to the Festival you confirm that you own the rights of the film and you agree to allow your project to be shown by the IOFF – Independent Online Film Festival. Your name and information about your project may be used for promotion.
10) The festival has the right to disqualify or remove any winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11) The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
12) The festival authorities will have the right to retain film copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & non-commercial purposes.
13) The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all.
14) Please note that you will have to pay separate charges for Postage & Courier for Trophies & Mementos to be dispatched to you.
15) The Festival is open to everyone. If you’re under 18, you will need to include your parent’s name and contact info.