Now in its second year, the Anderson Island Film Festival is building on the phenomenal success of its inaugural event. This year’s event will be held Sept. 13, 14 and 15 at the historic Johnson Farm at Anderson Island in Washington state’s breathtaking Puget Sound. Anderson Island is a thriving artists colony, accessible by a 20-minute ferry ride, with easy access to the Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia metropolitan areas.
Promoting community and creativity by:
- Showcasing the works of filmmakers regionally and worldwide.
- Selecting films that enrich, entertain, inform and provoke.
- Providing workshops on film-making and film appreciation to nurture a new generation of filmmakers.
This year's festival theme is "Journeys". Submissions are now being accepted in all categories, including documentaries, feature films, short films and animation.
Best Feature Film - Anderson Island hand-crafted trophy
Best Short Film - Anderson Island hand-crafted trophy
Special Jury Award Feature Film - Anderson Island hand-crafted trophy
Special Jury Award Short Film - Anderson Island hand-crafted trophy
Audience Award Feature Film - Anderson Island hand-crafted trophy
Audience Award Short Film - Anderson Island hand-crafted trophy
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree:
1 . I have read, understated and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry, and Entry Eligibility requirements.
2 . To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
3 . This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
4 . I am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival.
5 . I hold Anderson Island Film Festival and Anderson Island Arts harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film.
6 . I hold Anderson Island Film Festival, its owners, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
7 . I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
8. Once an entry payment has been processed we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed, the account holder may be subject to any fees.
9. I give permission for Anderson Island Film Festival to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the short or feature for promotional purposes
10. I give permission for Anderson Island Film Festival to screen the film at the 2019 Anderson Island Film Festival. I understand that by submitting my work for the Anderson Island Film Festival, I am also submitting for future Anderson Island Film Festival events and screenings. Any future screenings will only be done with my (the filmmaker) permission.
11. Entrant's name, address, and the production's title must be on each case or videotape / DVD.
12. If a film is invited to participate, the film must be shipped prepaid, insured and packed in proper containers or submitted online per festival request. Details will be provided upon selection.
13. Anderson Island Film Festival does not assume any liability for damage to prints due to improper containers.
14. Anderson Island Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Anderson Island Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.