Alexandre Trauner Art/Film Festival is the one and only event that combines production design with fine art and science. The next edition of the festival is going to be held between 12 and 17 October 2021 in the TISZApART Cinema.
Our festival advertises submission in three competitive categories and one non-competitive section. First time in Hungary we organize a VR section at the film festival.
At the festival we are looking forward to welcome production and costume designers, fine artists, filmmakers, film professionals and university students majoring in film studies, media and communication, fine art or production design with a wide range of programs: film screenings, masterclasses held by international film masters, fine art exhibitions, round table discussions and concerts in the evening.
The organizers expect film submissions in the following categories:
I. Feature Films (competitive)
In 2021 we invite the submission of long features produced after 1 January 2019 in which production design plays an important part. We intend to showcase 10 films in this competition category either by invitation or by submission. The films in contest will be assessed by an international jury; the following aspects will be taken into consideration during the evaluation process: how much the story and the production design match, the coherence of the visual effects, the general impression of the applied visual technical elements (built sets and sets created by computer generated images (CGI). (The awards go to the best production designers).
II. “Spectacular Science” (competitive)
● Documentaries and portraits about scientists, scientific discoveries
● Experimental films, which use the achievements of science and technology to renew the cinematic language.
● Films dealing with the relationship of science and pseudoscience.
● Mockumentaries, pseudo-documentaries which introduce nonexistent scientific innovations or discoveries as if they were existing ones.
● Documentaries dealing with nature preservation and environmental issues
● Documentaries combining the topic of sport, health and science
II. Student Films (competitive)
In this section we invite films made after 1 January 2019 by film students (under the age of 30). There is no restriction concerning genre, but the maximum duration of submissions is 25 minutes.
III. Virtual Reality (non-competitive)
First time in Hungary we organize a VR section at the film festival in Szolnok. It is a non- competitive category aiming to present the immersive VR works made after 1 January 2019. Submissions are welcome from Hungary as well as from abroad. We accept 180° or 360° VR videos that are completed or works still in-progress. Within this section, 3D animations are also accepted.
Deadline for submission: 21 May 2020
1. There is no entry fee
2. General information
You can enter films produced after 1 January 2019. One filmmaker – the director or the editor - may enter not more than two films. The organizers will provide free accommodation for one representative of each film selected for the competition by the jury.
3. Entry process
You can register for the Alexandre Trauner ART/Film Festival 2021 on FilmFreeway: FilmFreeway.
The list of films in competition will be officially published in August 2021:
• For the festival screening, in case of selection, you need to upload your film on the server of Tisza Cinema or make your film available for download on FilmFreeway until 13 September 2021. The details of the server will be sent to the filmmaker via email in case of selection.
• As the festival is international all film in competition shall have English version for the festival’s screening.
• For the festival catalogue, we will need a photo of the director, a still from the film, a brief synopsis and biography of the director. These documents need to be provided when submitting your film or supplemented no later than 01 September 2021.
(In case you have any question or comment about the online application, please contact us via e-mail: festival [kukac] ataff.hu).
4. Information on the film copies
We primarily can accept films via an online download link for preselection (in a format that can be copied for the preview jury). The organizers are not able to pay any rental or screening fee for any short or long documentary film at the festival.
The screening copies must be available for the Festival from 1-20 October 2021.
We can screen the films from DCP. Specifications for online download links: DCP 2K definition; mkv in HD or Full HD quality; avi for lower definition.
For the VR section we expect the film links available on Youtube as our Oculus Quest Headsets are compatible with Youtube.
Festival organizer's address:
TISZA MOZI Kft.
5000 Szolnok, Templom út 4.
+36 56 424910
festival [at] ataff.hu