**** Avail 50% DISCOUNT exclusively on FilmFreeway till 27th May 2021. Waiver Code - 28LIAFF50DIS****
We would like to inform you that there will be no cancellation or postponement of our Festivals operations for this COVID 19 issue. The Festival team along with Honourable juries remain committed to continuing the festival operations as per the prevailing schedule and process.
All our screening events will remain currently postponed due to prevailing restrictions and will be scheduled for the first safe opportunity, once this current situation is over.
L’Age d’Or International Art-house Film Festival (LIAFF) is a monthly live screening film festival, which takes place in the cultural capital of India.
At this uncertain time of COVID-19, the health and safety of you all are of utmost importance and concern to us. Hope you and your families are well. We wish you all safe and good health. Stay safe. Stay indoors and maintain a social distance.
The monthly live screenings take place at the end of each month at the below mentioned venue.
94/2 Chowringhee Road,
Kolkata 700 020,
West Bengal, India
Tel: +91( 33) 2223-8787
LIAFF is dedicated to showcasing innovative and exciting works by risk-taking filmmakers from around the world, who put their heart and soul to tell a story. We feel they should have the chance to show their works to a crowd, even if the budget is small or no recognizable name is involved. Aesthetically and thematically varied, these films mark the arrival of exciting new directing talents. We welcome filmmakers who explore and develop new filmmaking conventions in their quest to realize their visions effectively on a limited budget.
The sole purpose of LIAFF is to develop a film culture that inspires and brings together cross-cultural innovations that enrich people lives with entertainment and services that inform, educate and entertain.
With the help of digital media technology and crowdfunding, it is now getting easier for anyone to just take up a camera and make a film. The most important ingredients in the mix are finding your own voice, the creative ideas, and mastering the skills necessary to make a captivating experience. However, with the increasing number of works being produced and the reshaping of cinema and major film festivals, it is now much harder to connect a live audience to non-mainstream art-house films. At LIAFF, we are committed to looking at every entry we received to select only those that represent the LIAFF spirit well. We love the yin and yang of topics - from edgier; pull no punches stuff to those concerning humanities and the environment.
For the first time, L’Age d’Or International Art-house Film Festival will have its own sector of awards for artistic activism. Artistic activism is a creative force that educates us, influences our notions about human relationships, and brings about social change. We will celebrate artists that have used their passion for activism by paying tribute to them and publicizing their art. Furthermore, we will be giving lifetime awards to artists who have contributed to social justice and activism.
For our 2019 festival, we shall be accepting all films of all lengths and genres including Documentary, Narrative Feature, Experimental, Religious, Animation, Comedy, Horror, Science Fiction, Suspense, and all genres of Music Videos and LGBT films.
There will be an announcement by end of May 2021 for the prestigious PIGEON D’OR AWARDS (the best of the best) winners. All the monthly winners from the yearlong all individual monthly seasons will be qualifying as nominees and contesting with each other in this process of selection to stand as the final Winner of the Winners. The list of these annual winners will be published on our Festival website.
LIAFF is a monthly international event. Each officially selected project in each month receives LIAFF laurel and certificate. All monthly Award Winners receive LIAFF laurel and customized certificates and are rated at their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
Each month, most representatives of monthly award winners are screened in Kolkata.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Horror/Science Fiction Feature Film
Best Women’s Film
Best Film on Women
Best LGBT Film
Best Animated Film
Best Family/Children Film
Best Educational Film
Best Film on Disability Issue
Best Film on Religion
Best Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife
Best Travel Film
Best Silent Film
Best One Minute Film
Best Postmodern Film
Best Free Speech Film
Best Television/Pilot Program or Series
Best Music Video
Best Film Score/Soundtrack
Best Film/Video Poster
Best Treatment/ Synopsis
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the L’Age d’Or International Arthouse Film Festival (LIAFF), you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
LIAFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2000, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the LIAFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. The film submitted to the LIAFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
4. The LIAFF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within India only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
5. The LIAFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the LIAFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
7. The LIAFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the LIAFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the LIAFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
11. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
12. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
13. LIAFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for LIAFF to screen the film/video at times of the festivals choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program. All the presented film/videos do win PIGEON D’OR Awards from the festival, LIAFF only screens winners.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features and Short Film Programs. The filmmaker releases the festival (LIAFF) from any and all liability for dam-ages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival, in conjunction with HLC Studio, Kolkata will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival (LIAFF) is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats, all regions, including Region 0. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival (LIAFF) assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
The Film Festival (LIAFF) reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker will endeavor to present to The Festival (LIAFF) a new and pre-checked Hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the festival.