𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗔𝗟 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠𝗦 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡, 𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔.
Next screening on October 4th in Rome, Italy.
𝗝𝗢𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘. (And if you are skeptic, check the reviews!)
“Short Days” is an international 𝗜𝗠𝗗𝗕 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗳𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 short film festival that has been active in several Italian cities since 2015. Keeping its nature of periodical screening, since 2018 “Short Days” has become a unique festival, with its own peculiar format that our public has come to love.
𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗔 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔.
Every edition the production will chose a new artistic director that will propose his own idea of cinema. Since 2018 we hosted 20 editions curated by some of the most interesting talents of the new generation of Italian filmmakers, screening more than 80 films with thousands of spectators, both offline in cinema venues and online on our own platform. This is not a fake monthly festival. People are going to watch your short and they're going to watch in a curated program by our artistic directors.
This is how our process of selection works:
- The submissions are watched by a pre-selection panel and put in an archive divided by genre, themes, and mood that we share with the new artistic director.
- The new artistic director every season chooses his own mood, genre, taste or topic for the edition and drafts the best films for his idea from the archive. This means that a single submission may be watched by two, three, ten different artistic directors in a year. If it's not chosen by the first, it might be chosen by the others that come later and, in any case, will remain in our archive forever.
𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦
▪ Alain Parroni, Venice Selected director
▪ Tommaso Santambrogio, Venice Selected director produced by Werner Herzog & Lav Diaz
▪ Veronica Spedicati, winner of best director at Venice Film Critic Week, David di Donatello Nominee for Best Short Film
▪ Giulia Di Battista, Locarno selected director
▪ Toni Trupia, Nastri D'argento winner director and screenwriter
▪ Antonio Di Biase & Davide Perego, director and film critic, founders of Tafano
▪ Tommaso Frangini, Venice Selected director
▪ Marcello Di Trocchio, italan producer and curator
▪ Eleonora Contessi, italian cinematographer
𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦
▪ Andrea Gatopoulos, italian producer and director (Oct 2018)
▪ Lilian Sassanelli Nissen, german/italian director and actress (Nov 2018)
▪ Elio Di Pace, italian photographer and director (Jan 2019)
▪ Rossella Inglese, italian award winner director (Feb 2019)
▪ Samuele Sestieri, italian director (May 2019)
▪ Lorenzo Berghella, italian director (June 2019)
▪ Konstantinos Stragalinos, greek director (July 2019)
▪ Paolo Strippoli, italian director (Aug 2019)
▪ Adriano Giotti, italian director (Oct 2019)
▪ Daniele Parisi, italian actor (Nov 2019)
𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗨𝗣 𝗧𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗪
▪ Anna by D. Berenson (15', Hungary) - Jan 2020
▪ Agosto by A. Valerio, E. Jospin (15', France) - Feb 2020
▪ On the Border by Wei Shujun (15', China) - Aug 2020
▪ Wild Will by Alan King (12', Australia) - Oct 2020
▪ Weightlifter by D. Sobchuk (30', Ukraine) - Nov 2020
▪ Our Territory by M. Volpe (26', Belgium) - Jan 2021
▪ Yearlings by M. Akoka (14', France) - Apr 2021
▪ Phelia by M. Akoka (14', France) - May 2021
▪ He can't live without cosmos by K. Bronzit (16', Russia) - Sep 2021
▪ KHTOBTOGONE by S. Sadik (18', France) - Feb 2022
Short Days is produced by IL VARCO and INSOLITA FILM.
Short Days is partnered with:
- Il Varco International Short Film Festival
- Rome Prisma Film Awards
- Pollino Film Fest
- Desenzano Film Fest
- Scario Film Fest
- Castrovillari Film Festival
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗨𝗕𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦
▪ All the submitters will receive discount codes from our partner festivals during the year amount to more than $40 in discounts.
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦
▪ Selected shorts are sent to partner festivals for evaluation.
▪ Screening in Rome @ Nuovo Cinema Aquila
▪ Selected directors are invited to the special jury BOARD OF DIRECTORS of the prestigious "Il Varco Film Festival", one of the most appreciated author short film festival in Italy, with more than 30 international directors already taking part in it, a community which will award its own prize in the festival.
▪ Best short of the edition (Trophy)
▪ Audience award of the edition (Trophy)
▪ Best short of the season (Trophy and $𝟭𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗲)
▪ Honorable mentions and awards
• The festival is open to directors and producers of all ages and nationalities;
• Short films can be of any genre, theme and language and must be under 40’;
• Non-english and non-italian short films should be subtitled in english or italian;
• In case of selection, an italian-subtitled copy must be provided.
• Short films must be produced later than 01/01/2016;
• The author declares to own all rights (music and film) for its short. Our festival is not responsible for any claim about copyright.