Back Live, with real audience. First live screening Aug 2nd in Scario, Italy.
𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗙 𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔, 𝗛𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦, 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠 𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗨𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗬. 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟 𝗜𝗦 𝗥𝗨𝗡 𝗕𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗦 𝗔 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗥.
𝗝𝗢𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘. (And if you are skeptic, check the reviews!)
“Short Days” is an international 𝗜𝗠𝗗𝗕 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗳𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 short film festival that has been active in several italian cities since 2015. Keeping its nature of monthly screening, since 2018 “Short Days” has become a festival that has the goal of screening in cinema venues a selection of the best independent short films, giving them the chance to be screened in multiple cities through our partnership with many italian festivals. During the monthly screenings, jurors will award a winner that is going to qualify for the 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒉 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆.
𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟
Practically all monthly festivals will give your film little or no value. You basically sign up and at best you will have a laurel to put on your poster. They usually have no real screening. This is not a fake monthly festival: 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 thanks to our partnership with CGS - one of the biggest moviegoers association in Italy with the support of Mibact - Ministry of culture of Italy, with more than 500 screening rooms in the whole nation.
Our first year saw 44 films screened in 3 cities with more than 750 spectators attending.
This is how our process of selection works:
- The submissions are watched by a pre-selection panel and put in a leaderboard that we share with the new art directors every month.
- The new art directors every month watch the submissions starting from the shorts that the panel have valued best, going down, then they choose their programs. This means that a single submission may be watched by two, three, ten different art directors in a year. If it's not chosen by the first, it might be chosen by the others that come later.
𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧
Every month the art supervisor will chose a new art director that will propose his own idea of cinema. This means that a film that was not selected for one edition because of the art director taste might be the best film for the next one! Each month, the new artistic director will go through the submission of the previous months also: this means that 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝟭𝟮 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀. (Jan 2020 - Jan 2021, the whole annual edition).
𝗜𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗘𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘
Selected directors for the screenings are invited to be part of the jury 𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦 of the prestigious "Il Varco Film Festival", one of the most appreciated author short film festival in Italy, with more than 30 international directors already taking part in it, a community which will award its own prize in the festival and will meet during the first day of screenings. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚+𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝑷𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒂.
𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗧 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗕𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗥𝗦, 𝗪𝗛𝗬 𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗧 𝗩𝗔𝗟𝗨𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘?
Because Short Days will have a different artistic director each month, that will choose its own lineup of films to his taste and make his/her own program. Artistic directors are chosen among all the filmmakers that apply. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒊𝒕.
𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬-𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔
▪ Alain Parroni, Venice Selected director
▪ Fulvio Risuleo, winner of Semaine de la Critique in Cannes
▪ Ondina Quadri, winner of italian Golden Globe for best Actress
▪ Tommaso Santambrogio, italian director produced by Werner Herzog & Lav Diaz
▪ Veronica Spedicati, winner of best director at Venice Film Critic Week, David di Donatello Nominee for Best Short Film
▪ Giulia Di Battista, Locarno selected director
▪ Toni Trupia, Nastri D'argento winner director and screenwriter
▪ Maria Iovine, italian editor
▪ Antonio La Camera, italian director and artistic director of Castrovillari FF
▪ Giovanni Bufalini, italian director and teacher
▪ Marcello Di Trocchio, italan producer and curator
▪ Federico Annichiarico, italian cinematographer with more than 60 films
𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵-𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦
▪ Andrea Gatopoulos, italian producer and director (Oct 2018)
▪ Lilian Sassanelli Nissen, german/italian director and actress (Nov 2018)
▪ Elio Di Pace, italian photographer and director (Jan 2019)
▪ Rossella Inglese, italian award winner director (Feb 2019)
▪ Samuele Sestieri, italian director (May 2019)
▪ Lorenzo Berghella, italian director (June 2019)
▪ Konstantinos Stragalinos, greek director (July 2019)
▪ Paolo Strippoli, italian director (Aug 2019)
▪ Adriano Giotti, italian director (Oct 2019)
▪ Daniele Parisi, italian actor (Nov 2019)
𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛 𝗨𝗣 𝗧𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗪 (2020-2021)
▪ Anna by D. Berenson (15', Hungary) - Jan 2020
▪ Agosto by A. Valerio, E. Jospin (15', France) - Feb 2020
𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗨𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗨𝗣 𝗧𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗪 (2020-2021)
▪ Anna by D. Berenson (15', Hungary) - Jan 2020
▪ Agosto by A. Valerio, E. Jospin (15', France) - Feb 2020 Ex-aequo
▪ Acadiana by G. Fournier, Y. Nolin, S. Matteau (9', Canada) - Feb 2020 Ex-aequo
Anybody can apply to be artistic director for our screening. Info firstname.lastname@example.org
Short Days is produced by IL VARCO and INSOLITA FILM in partnership with CGS.
Short Days is partnered with:
- Il Varco International Short Film Festival
- Rome Prisma Film Awards
- Pollino Film Fest
- Desenzano Film Fest
- Scario Film Fest
- Castrovillari Film Festival
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗨𝗕𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦
▪ 20$ worth of discount codes in our partner festivals. This means the submission here is practically free.
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦
▪ Selected shorts are sent to partner festivals for evaluation.
▪ Screening in Rome @ Cinema Greenwich.
▪ Italian subtitles and DCP are done for free by us and you can keep them.
▪ Selected directors are invited to the special jury BOARD OF DIRECTORS of the prestigious "Il Varco Film Festival", one of the most appreciated author short film festival in Italy, with more than 30 international directors already taking part in it, a community which will award its own prize in the festival and will meet during the first day of screenings.
▪ Best short of the month (Trophy)
▪ Audience award of the month (Trophy)
▪ Best short of the year (Trophy and $𝟭𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗲)
▪ Honorable mentions and awards
• The festival is open to directors and producers of all ages and nationalities;
• Short films can be of any genre, theme and language and must be under 40’;
• Non-english and non-italian short films should be subtitled in english or italian;
• In case of selection, an italian-subtitled copy must be provided.
• Short films must be produced later than 01/01/2016;
• The author declares to own all rights (music and film) for its short. Our festival is not responsible for any claim about copyright.