⚠️ Online until cinema open up again in Italy! Selected filmmakers will be screened on our own platform and deeply interviewed about their work. Next screening in June ⚠️
𝗔 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗔𝗟 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗠𝗦 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛, 𝗕𝗢𝗧𝗛 𝗜𝗡 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠.
𝗝𝗢𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘. (And if you are skeptic, check the reviews!)
“Short Days” is an international 𝗜𝗠𝗗𝗕 𝗤𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗳𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 short film festival that has been active in several italian cities since 2015. Keeping its nature of monthly screening, since 2018 “Short Days” has become a festival that has the goal of screening in cinema venues a selection of the best independent short films, giving them the chance to be screened in multiple cities through our partnership with many italian festivals. During the monthly screenings, jurors will award a winner that is going to qualify for the 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒉 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒆.
𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛𝗟𝗬 𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗔𝗟
Since 2018 we hosted 19 editions, screened more than 80 films with thousands of spectators, both offline in cinema venues and online on our own platform. This is not a fake monthly festival. People are going to watch your short and they're going to watch in a curated program by our artistic directors. 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗱𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿, 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀, 𝗷𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.
This is how our process of selection works:
- The submissions are watched by a pre-selection panel and put in a leaderboard that we share with the new artistc directors every month.
- The new artistic directors every month watch the submissions starting from the shorts that the panel have valued best, going down, then they choose their programs. This means that a single submission may be watched by two, three, ten different artistic directors in a year. If it's not chosen by the first, it might be chosen by the others that come later.
𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧
Every month the artistic supervisor will chose a new art director that will propose his own idea of cinema. This means that a film that was not selected for one edition because of the art director taste might be the best film for the next one! Each month, the new artistic director will go through the submission of the previous months also: this means that 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝟭𝟮 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀.
𝗝𝗢𝗜𝗡 𝗨𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘
Selected directors for the screenings are invited to be part of the jury 𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦 of the prestigious "Il Varco Film Festival", one of the most appreciated author short film festival in Italy, with more than 80 international directors already taking part in it, a community which will award its own prize in the festival and will meet during the first day of screenings.
𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬-𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔
▪ Fulvio Risuleo, winner of Semaine de la Critique in Cannes
▪ Simone Bozzelli, Venice Critics Film Week winner.
▪ Alain Parroni, Venice Selected director
▪ Ondina Quadri, winner of italian Golden Globe for best Actress
▪ Tommaso Santambrogio, italian director produced by Werner Herzog & Lav Diaz
▪ Veronica Spedicati, winner of best director at Venice Film Critic Week, David di Donatello Nominee for Best Short Film
▪ Giulia Di Battista, Locarno selected director
▪ Toni Trupia, Nastri D'argento winner director and screenwriter
▪ Maria Iovine, italian editor
▪ Antonio La Camera, italian director and artistic director of Castrovillari FF
▪ Marcello Di Trocchio, italan producer and curator
▪ Federico Annichiarico, italian cinematographer with more than 60 films
𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵-𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬 𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗗𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗦
▪ Andrea Gatopoulos, italian producer and director (Oct 2018)
▪ Lilian Sassanelli Nissen, german/italian director and actress (Nov 2018)
▪ Elio Di Pace, italian photographer and director (Jan 2019)
▪ Rossella Inglese, italian award winner director (Feb 2019)
▪ Samuele Sestieri, italian director (May 2019)
▪ Lorenzo Berghella, italian director (June 2019)
▪ Konstantinos Stragalinos, greek director (July 2019)
▪ Paolo Strippoli, italian director (Aug 2019)
▪ Adriano Giotti, italian director (Oct 2019)
▪ Daniele Parisi, italian actor (Nov 2019)
𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛 𝗨𝗣 𝗧𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗪 (2020-2021)
▪ Anna by D. Berenson (15', Hungary) - Jan 2020
▪ Agosto by A. Valerio, E. Jospin (15', France) - Feb 2020
▪ On the Border by Wei Shujun (15', China) - Aug 2020
▪ Wild Will by Alan King (12', Australia) - Oct 2020
▪ Weightlifter by D. Sobchuk (30', Ukraine) - Nov 2020
▪ Our Territory by M. Volpe (26', Belgium) - Jan 2020
▪ Yearlings by M. Akoka (14', France) - Mar 2020
Anybody can apply to be artistic director for our screening. Info firstname.lastname@example.org
Short Days is produced by IL VARCO and INSOLITA FILM.
Short Days is partnered with:
- Il Varco International Short Film Festival
- Rome Prisma Film Awards
- Pollino Film Fest
- Desenzano Film Fest
- Scario Film Fest
- Castrovillari Film Festival
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗨𝗕𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦
▪ 20$ worth of discount codes in our partner festivals. This means the submission here is practically free.
𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦
▪ Selected shorts are sent to partner festivals for evaluation.
▪ Screening in Rome @ Cinema Greenwich.
▪ Italian subtitles and DCP are done for free by us and you can keep them.
▪ Selected directors are invited to the special jury BOARD OF DIRECTORS of the prestigious "Il Varco Film Festival", one of the most appreciated author short film festival in Italy, with more than 30 international directors already taking part in it, a community which will award its own prize in the festival and will meet during the first day of screenings.
▪ Best short of the month (Trophy)
▪ Audience award of the month (Trophy)
▪ Best short of the year (Trophy and $𝟭𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗲)
▪ Honorable mentions and awards
• The festival is open to directors and producers of all ages and nationalities;
• Short films can be of any genre, theme and language and must be under 40’;
• Non-english and non-italian short films should be subtitled in english or italian;
• In case of selection, an italian-subtitled copy must be provided.
• Short films must be produced later than 01/01/2016;
• The author declares to own all rights (music and film) for its short. Our festival is not responsible for any claim about copyright.