The Sydney Underground Film Festival is an annual event that is either held in person at The Factory Theatre in Sydney or runs virtually via Eventive. SUFF screens a wonderful array of freaky, fantastic and not for the faint-of-heart films.
2021 marks the festival's 15th edition.
Beyond the line-up of films, SUFF also presents the Inhuman Screens Academic Conference, Take48 Film Challenge, and filmmaking workshops, talks and Q&As.
Open to filmmakers from Australia and around the world, the festival provides a platform for exhibition, exposure and critical discussion.
The SUFF "Dead Oscar" hand-crafted by Sydney glass artist, Mark Wotherspoon and various other prizes thank you to our sponsors.
SYDNEY UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL RULES & REGULATIONS 2021
Please read the following carefully:
• Secure online screeners are the only method of submission.
• Works-in-progress are considered only if the completed film will be submitted to the festival by June 7th, 2021.
• Films do not have to be subtitled or dubbed if not essential to the comprehension of film.
• Entrants will be notified around the first week of August 2021 of selection results.
• If selected, your exhibition copy is required by Aug 17, 2021. (Exhibition requirements will be sent with acceptance letters.)
• All shipping and handling costs to and from the festival office will be covered by the entrant.
• It's the participant's responsibility to make sure the rights to their films are cleared for the festival. The festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
• Fees will not be reimbursed if not selected for the festival.
• The festival will take due care of all entrants / participants materials but the festival will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage to materials while they are in possession of the festival.
• The festival reserves the right to run online in 2021 or have a portion of the festival online, if necessary.
• If you are accepted into the 2021 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film screened at other festival-related screenings throughout that year, of which you will be notified.
• By entering this festival, you agree to have a 1-30 second excerpt of your film used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD) - unless you advise otherwise. Thank you.
• Deadlines must be received on or before the advertised deadline.
Any physical mail that needs to be sent to the festival, please use this address:
Sydney Underground Film Festival
38 Tamarisk Crescent
Cherrybrook NSW 2126 Australia
For more info please email: hello [@] suff.com.au
The production's Producer grants the SYDNEY UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL the rights to:
a) Exhibit the film in the festival and any agreed upon festival related screenings;
b) Use any stills from the film for any promotional purposes related to the festival.