The Sydney Underground Film Festival is an annual event held at The Factory Theatre in Sydney screening a wonderful array of freaky, fantastic and not for the faint-of-heart films!
Beyond the line-up of films, SUFF also presents the Inhuman Screens Academic Conference, Free VR Hub, Take48 Film Challenge, filmmaking workshops, Q&As, parties, special guests and more!
Open to filmmakers from Australia and around the world, the festival provides a platform for exhibition, exposure and critical discussion.
The SUFF "Dead Oscar" hand-crafted by Sydney glass artist, Mark Wotherspoon.
SYDNEY UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL RULES & REGULATIONS 2020
Please read the following carefully:
• Secure online screeners are the only method of submission.
• Works-in-progress are considered only if the completed film will reach the fest by May 31, 2020.
• Films do not have to be subtitled or dubbed if not essential to the comprehension of film.
• Entrants will be notified around the first week of August 2019 of selection results.
• If selected, your exhibition copy is required by Aug 17, 2020. (Exhibition requirements will be sent with acceptance letters.)
• All shipping and handling costs to and from the festival office will be covered by the entrant.
• It's the participant's responsibility to make sure the rights to their films are cleared for the festival. The festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
• Fees will not be reimbursed if not selected for the festival.
• The festival will take due care of all entrants / participants materials but the festival will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage to materials while they are in possession of the festival.
• If you are accepted into the 2020 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film included on a SUFF Best Of compilation DVD for sale or promotional purposes, of which you will be notified first.
• If you are accepted into the 2020 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film screened at other festival-related screenings throughout that year, of which you will be notified.
• By entering this festival, you agree to have a 1-30 second excerpt of your film used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD) - unless you advise otherwise. Thank you.
• Deadlines must be received on or before the advertised deadline.
Any physical mail that needs to be sent to the festival, please use this address:
Sydney Underground Film Festival
PO BOX 202
SUMMER HILL NSW
For more info please email: hello [@] suff.com.au
The production's Producer grants the SYDNEY UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL the rights to:
a) Exhibit the film in the festival and any agreed upon festival related screenings;
b) Use any stills from the film for any promotional purposes related to the festival.