The Sydney Underground Film Festival (SUFF) will return in 2024 to present its 18th edition! Becoming a vibrant hive of creative activity with a program featuring freaky, fantastic and not-for-the-faint-of-heart films from around the world, coupled with special events, networking opportunities, and a 48-hour film challenge.
With a longstanding history of supporting and enriching local film culture, SUFF continues its ongoing commitment to both engaging audiences and supporting emerging and established screen-based creators.
Various prizes thanks to our sponsors. Maxxon, Rentacam, Digital Pigeon and more!
SYDNEY UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL RULES & REGULATIONS 2024
Please read the following carefully:
• Secure online screeners are the only method of submission.
• Works-in-progress are considered only if the completed film will be submitted to the festival by June 7th, 2024.
• Films do not have to be subtitled or dubbed if not essential to the comprehension of film.
• Entrants will be notified around the first week of August 2024 of selection results.
• If selected, your exhibition copy is normally required by Aug 20, 2024. (Exhibition requirements will be sent with acceptance letters.)
• All shipping and handling costs to and from the festival office will be covered by the entrant.
• It's the participant's responsibility to make sure the rights to their films are cleared for the festival. The festival will not be held liable for any issues or lawsuits regarding any films that are entered into the festival.
• Fees will not be reimbursed if not selected for the festival.
• Screening fees are not supplied for submissions.
• The festival will take due care of all entrants / participants materials but the festival will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage to materials while they are in possession of the festival.
• The festival reserves the right to run online in 2024, if necessary or have a portion of the festival online.
• If you are accepted into the 2024 festival there may be an opportunity to have your film screened at other festival-related screenings throughout that year, of which you will be notified.
• By entering this festival, you agree to have a 1-30 second excerpt of your film used for festival promotional purposes only (including web, cinema, TV, DVD) - unless you advise otherwise. Thank you.
• Deadlines must be received on or before the advertised deadline.
Physical address available upon request.
For more info please email: hello [@] suff.com.au
The production's Producer grants the SYDNEY UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL the rights to:
a) Exhibit the film in the festival and any agreed-upon festival-related screenings;
b) Use any stills from the film for any promotional purposes related to the festival.