Dublin Doc Fest is an exciting short documentary film festival showcasing work from both Irish & International documentary filmmakers in Dublin, Ireland. Founded in 2013 by award winning documentary filmmaker, Tess Motherway, Dublin Doc Fest's objective is to provide a unique platform for short documentary film in Ireland & to place Dublin firmly on the map as an international destination for documentary film.
Our objective is to exhibit short documentary film in innovatively repurposed and non-traditional screening spaces across Dublin city. Dublin Doc Fest's previous editions took place in The Sugar Club, Dublin (July 2013), The National Library of Ireland's Reading Room (March 2014), The Irish Georgian Society (Feb 2015) & Teeling Whiskey Distillery (Nov 2016).
Rules & Terms
Entry rules and guidelines:
1. The submission deadline for selection purposes, which means the deadline for the festival's office to receive the required submission materials, is Friday 30th June 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
2. Online screeners are only accepted for submissions. Films are permitted trailers/previews of up to 10% of their length available online but your film must not be available in its entirety to watch online. Please ensure to include the full, correct link and password of your film with your entry.
3. Please ensure you have 6 high res stills from your film, available for download as part of your film entry.
4. The festival will only screen from High Res .mov files. If your film is selected, you will be required to send a High Resolution, downloadable copy (via Vimeo, WeTransfer etc) of your film to the festival.
5. Entries must not exceed 30 minutes duration.
6. By entering your film to Dublin Doc Fest you are declaring it fit for entry and screening at the festival, free from other screening restrictions.
7. If your film is selected, you grant Dublin Doc Fest permission to use excerpts for promotional material for the festival.
8. Student short is defined as a film completed while in Undergraduate studies. Any films made after graduating, exceeding 30mins duration, or of any genre other than documentary, will be disqualified immediately without refund.
9. Regular Short is defined as any film that does not fall under the Student short description.
10. STUDENT and REGULAR documentary films only - please ensure to enter your film into the correct category. Any films exceeding the maximum duration (30mins), not of the documentary genre, or entered into the wrong category will be disqualified immediately without refund.