Picture this: catch a great film, chat with some cool people, grab some great food, go for a quick dip in the crystal blue water in the middle of the day, catch some more great films, and by ends day clamp by the beach to watch the sun kiss the horizon.
Who wouldn't want that kind of film festival experience?
The production of the Cabo Verde International Film Festival was, and continues to be, inspired by the morabeza, the enchanted landscapes, and the electrifying vibe of Sal Island. It provides the perfect backdrop for an international film festival experience; it is a paradise par excellence. Our mission is to bring together Art, Cinema and Industry, while presenting a bazaar of exceptional films and filmmakers from around the world. To date, we have received film entries from Cabo Verde, USA, Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, South Africa, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Palestine, Italy, Cuba, India, Spain, United Kingdom, Iran, and Switzerland.
Awards & Prizes
The officially selected films will compete for awards in their respective categories and the Parda Award, which goes to the best film of the festival. Members of the jury will vote for the Parda Award as well as the awards for Best Short Film, Best Short Documentary, Best Feature Film, and Best Feature Documentary. All award winners will be announced during the official closing of the festival, which is also announced in real time through social media. No monetary prize is granted.
Rules & Terms
ENTRY ELIGIBILITY FOR COMPETITION:
• Film must be completed prior to submission
• Film must be independently financed
• Short: less than 45 minutes
• Feature: 45 minutes or longer
• Filmmaker is allowed to submit more than one project only if the films are submitted in different categories
• Film and trailer must be in MPEG or MP4 format
• All films submitted are legally authorized to use all music, images, and content
• Film must have subtitles prior to submission:
1) if the dialogue is in any language other than Cabo Verdean Creole or Portuguese, it must have Portuguese subtitles;
2) if the dialogue is in Cabo Verdean Creole or Portuguese, it must have English subtitles
FILMS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR COMPETITION:
• previously submitted to Cabo Verde International Film Festival
• have aired on any Cabo Verde television prior to festival dates
• are available for purchase on DVD in Cabo Verde
• are available for public online viewing in its entirety
• student films
• animated films
• Short Film
• Short Documentary
• Feature Film
• Feature Documentary
• Feature Film & Feature Documentary: 3.000 CVE / 30 USD /30 Euros
• Short Film & Short Documentary: 2.000 CVE / 20 USD / 20 Euros