* About WLIFF.
Winter Leopard International Film Festival - one of the most promising and fastest growing film festivals. Idea of creating WLIFF is the desire of young and talented movie fans and to help original and novice directors, producers, screenwriters and those who consider themselves part of the world of cinema. The main task of SLIFF is to give talented people the opportunity to be agreed and get that very coveted ticket to the big cinema!
Winter Leopard International Film Festival not only aims at giving out trophies and certificates but recognizing talents and supporting the career of artists working in the film industry as writers, directors, producers, actors, cinematographers, editors, composers etc. As we are in the process of expanding our footprints, we don't forget to grow together with filmmakers.
* Live screenings, and annual event.
Our annual event in a beautiful city Stockholm, Sweden - is the final possible destination for every participant. We have allocated 36 quotas for participants who, in order to achieve their goal, will have go through several stages of selection, because only the best of the best will be screened in Stockholm.
* First stage.
Our qualification system is divided into one yearly qualification, but with some knockout stages. The fist step starts from "official selection" status. If your work is selected in a two month period program, from this point you are competing for a status of a "quarter-finalist". All officially selected works receive our special golden WLIFF laurels.
* Second stage.
Becoming a quarter-finalist after a two month period gives you an opportunity to continue your participation for a place at the annual event. All quarterfinalists will receive our special golden WLIFF laurels, and unique certificates in digital version.
* Third stage.
After a period of six months our team will choose the semi-finalists, that will compete for a place on the big screen in Stockholm.
36 best films will be screened in Stockholm, Sweden. WLIFF will achieve 12 trophy's to winners in all main categories. The final location of the annual event can be changed during the yearly qualification.
You can submit to any category to compete for a place at the annual event.
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Original Screenplay
Best Original Score
Best Short/Feature Documentary
Best Young Director
Best Director Debut
Best Costume Design
Best LGBTQ+ Film
Best Dark Comedy
Best Historical Film
Best Music Video
Best Action Film
Best War Film
Best Erotic Film
Best Black & White Film
Best Covid-19 Film
Best BLM Film
Best Sport Film
Best Mobile Film
Best No-Dialogue Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Student Film
Best Television Script
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Screenplay
Best Original Soundtrack
Best Student Film
Best Young Actor
Best Young Actress
Best Costume Design
Best Opening Credits
Best Closing Credits
* We accept films of all genres and lengths.
* All Non-English entries must be subtitled in English.
* Provide 3 high-quality film stills and a film poster with your FilmFreeway submission.
* Provide a trailer if you have one.
* WLIFF can use trailer/teaser/film/poster/stills of BTS for promotional purpose (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film).
* Completion Date after January 2017.
* The submitter owns all the rights to the film.
* The submitter cannot withdraw the submission after the official selection announcement.
* Entry fees are non-refundable.
* WLIFF winners that will go into yearly program must send copy of the film without subtitles and .srt file with english subtitles within 2 weeks from official announcement.