Welcome to the 2nd Pondicherry International Film Festival 2019!
Our festival supports independent cinema across formats and aims to showcase the best talent & cinema from across the globe.
Started in 2018, Pondicherry International Film Festival is organized by Pickurflick, one of the fastest growing indie cinema platforms in India. The inaugural edition organized in association with Pondicherry Tourism, Alliance Francaise Pondichery & French Embassy, showcased 124 films across five days and also included workshops & panel discussion. France was the partner country last year with a special screening of French cinema by contemporary women film makers.
Previous edition link: www.filmfreeway.com/pickurflickindiefilmfestival
Renowned actor Adil Hussain (Life of Pi, What will People Say, Hotel Salvation) is associated with the festival as a mentor & brand ambassador.
The 2nd edition of the festival is scheduled from 25th-29th September 2019.
Pondicherry (or Puducherry as its called currently) is a quiet little town on the southern coast of India. With an unmistakable French connection, Pondicherry has a special vibe, not felt anywhere else in India. It is a blend of spiritual aura, colonial heritage, Tamil culture and the cosmopolitan flair of many nationalities in a small but varied town.
Best Short Film
Special Jury Award-Short
Best Feature Film
Special Jury Award-Feature
Best Director (Feature)
Best Cinematography (Feature)
Best Screenplay (Feature)
Best Editing (Feature)
Best Performance (Feature)
Best Documentary (Short)
Special Jury Award-Documentary (short)
Best Documentary (Feature)
Special Jury Award- Documentary (Feature)
1. All winners will receive trophy & certificate.
2. Winners residing outside India will have to bear the applicable shipping charges for shipping the awards from India.
3. All officially selected films will be eligible for a worldwide distribution deal (not mandatory).
1. All films should be independently produced. Films which have been produced independently & acquired by digital platforms are also eligible for submission.
2. Films completed on or after 1st Jan 2018 are eligible for submission.
3. Entries accepted in all languages. All Non-English films should contain English subtitles.
4. Only HD format films are accepted.
5. All entry fees are non-refundable under all circumstances
6. Final status of the selected films-whether ‘in competition’ or ‘Out of competition’ will be notified by 10th August ’19. Selected films cannot be withdrawn once the festival programme is announced.
7. All decisions such as selections & awards by PIFF selection committee and Award jury will be final & binding upon the participants. PIFF is under no obligation to provide any feedback for selections, non-selections or awards.
8. Submitted films should not contain any content which violates/infringes copyright.
9. Any content that promotes racism, hatred amongst communities or religions, animal cruelty, and/or are religious/commercial propaganda films, will not be accepted.
10. Films submitted in previous editions of PIFF & other associated film festivals of Pickurflick are not eligible for submission.
11. Films already available on Pickurflick platform are not eligible to participate.
12. PIFF reserves the rights to use the posters/video clippings/trailers of the selected films for promotions on social media and its partner platforms.
13. Selected films must provide all the required details of their films as per the format prescribed by PIFF including the digital copy of the film. Exact specifications will be communicated for all the selected films.
14. By submitting the film to PIFF, the applicant hereby confirms that he/she is the rightful owner of the film or has the right & authority to submit the film to PIFF for selection. The applicant also indemnifies PIFF, Pickurflick and its channel partners from any legal claim or dispute that may arise on the submitted film.
15. In case of films produced by a Film Institute, government agency, educational institute or any other organization, the applicant must provide written permission via mail (post selection) from the concerned authorities confirming the participation of the film in PIFF. Any kind of misrepresentation or failure to adhere to the norms of PIFF would lead to disqualification of the film.
16. The submitted film should not be under any kind of legal dispute.