Outview Film Festival, Days of Queer Cinema.
OUTVIEW it is Athens’ International LGBTQI Film Festival and has been taking place every April-May since 2007 with film premieres, international guests, masterclasses and film awards. PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY LGBTQI FILMS!
Movies that talk about: Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Transgender, Queer, Intersex people and issues.
Best Film Award
Best Documentary Award
Best Short Film Award
Best Greek Short Film Award
Audience Award for Best Feature Film
Audience Award for Best Short Film
All films are nominated and voted upon by a jury of film professionals, from an independent point of view.
All winners will receive “winner” trophy. Winners and selected nominees that cannot attend the event will be contacted by Outview team to send the awards to the provided address.
- Films have to have relevance for lLGBTQI and the LGBTQI discourse.
- Shorts are any films under 30 min, features anything above 30 min.
- We accept films from any genre and of any length.
- Year of completion is 2018. We do not accept any films made before 2017.
- All films must include dialog list.
- The submitter must be entitled to submit the film and the legal rights to screen it.
- Submission does not guarantee acceptance, the team of Outview Film Festival will select the films for the festival and the submitter will be notified if the film has been accepted.
- We have to be notified of any screening fees in the initial submission
- We do not return any material sent to us.
- The submission fee is non-refundable.
- By submitting a film the filmmakers, copyright owners and distribution rights owners agree to have the film screened if selected for the program. We might also re-screen films for future short film programs curated by the Outview Film Festival.
- We reserve the right to use 5 stills and images for our promotion material such as the website, our program or our press releases.
- The film has to be submitted digitally, for the screening we can also accept hard copies.
- For submission it will be enough to send a link to Vimeo or similar with a password and once the film has been accepted, we will let in which format we will need the screening copy.
- Shipping costs / digital transfer costs have to be paid by the filmmaker.
- A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, visit the FilmFreeway website.
- It is required that all subbmitted films have not been screened in Athens/Greece before.