This festival is held to screen films that make us think, awaken our consciousness towards a human future, to reflect the social and cultural and ecological diversity of humanity, witness to human rights violations and create a forum for courageous individuals, showing the highlight and talented bright of hope on Human Rights.
This is the goal of our Festival. New York Human Rights Film Festival, which this year will celebrate his sixth edition festival in a movie theater in the heart of Manhattan.
Very close to the UN headquarters from where the universal values of Human Rights are projected.
Our mission is promoting the understanding of every form of expression relevant to cinema and Human Rights.
To consolidate the Human Rights Film Festival, headquartered in NYC, as a world reference in this genre, where you can enjoy the films complemented with panel discussions, q&a’s, and forums on Human Rights.
Festival twinned with the 20 Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival.
The Festival is an independent organization not influenced, or in affiliation to any political or religious entity.
- Best Feature fiction Film
- Best Feature Documentary Film
- Best Fiction Short Film
- Best Documentary Short Film
- Best Experimental short film
- Best Photography film
- Best Female director film
- Best Environmental film
- Best Africa - Afro film
- Best Latino - Hispanic film.
- Best World Feature Film
- Best Native Indigenous Film
2022 Non-competitive Section:
- Special Award in Human Rights
Special Awards by the Organization:
- Human Rights Awards.
Courageous individuals who spread or fight for Human Rights / Civil Rights / Peace / Humanitarian. .
– In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
– All fees are non-refundable.
– We will try to select as many films as possible but not all the submissions are selected for the Festival or for the official competition. Our Judges make their own choices.
– Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film but the decision about the selection is determined by our judges’ team.
– Submitting your movie, you authorize New York Human Rights Film Festival to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media and web and screen your film in the Festival.
–The entrance in the cinema is not free and fee thicket will go to the Festival or to the cinema, of course directors and some friends will have free entrance.
– At this moment we give only Awards by Recognition, NO cash prize, No funding.
You understand and agree, that we will not offer you or pay screening fees.
– Some films can be available online and still be entered in the competition for our festival.
– Multiple submissions and multiple category submissions are accepted.
– Films must have been completed within the past 5 years.
– Shorts must be less than 30 minutes.
–We do not require in any case in the Festival premiere status.
–All Participants and / or guest of the Festival acknowledge that Multimedia Channels, web and accredited television channels and other media partners will / might cover the Film Festival for Television, Radio, Web, Newspaper, Digital News. By agreeing to take part in the Festival, all participants relinquish, free of charge, their broadcasting rights to any filmed footage and recorded audio, allowing the media partners to make such use of the above materials as they see fit.