The International Documentary Film Festival "Encuentros del Otro Cine" (EDOC) is a non- competitive, creative documentary Film Festival organized by Corporación Cinememoria, a non- profit institution based in Quito, Ecuador.
1. EDOC is a NON-FICTION festival. The films should express the point of view and the artistic intention of their authors. The festival will not consider journalistic reports, propaganda, wildlife or advertising documentaries. Films already submitted to previous editions will not be considered, even if a new version is available.
2. In order to be considered in the festival film program, the film should be submitted by the legal holder of its exhibition rights.
3. Films of any subject and of any length can be submitted as long as they have been completed after January 1st, 2016. Films should not have previous commercial exhibition in Ecuador or be available in on-line free platforms.
4. EDOC does not pay screening fees for films submitted with Filmfreeway. When submitting a film, the participant authorizes unlimited screenings of the film within the festival context. Additionally, the participant authorizes the festival organizers to keep a copy of the film at the Cinememoria Video Library for non-commercial educational and cultural purposes always under previous consent from the right holder.
5. Films are screened in their original version in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles. The films submitted must have a master subtitled in Spanish.
6. The submission should include three film stills (in 300dpi), a photo of the director and an online screener (password protected) with the possibility to download. If an online screener is not available, we also accept a DVD (free region), which should be sent by regular or certified mail paid by the sender to:
Av. de los Shyris s/n y pasaje Rumipamba
Telf.: + 593 2 3330994 / 3332722
The official selection will be notified via e-mail after March 15th, 2018. The selected participants must send the exhibition copy by April 02nd, 2018. The festival will pay for shipping, return and handling expenses of the screening copy.
The festival may use stills and up to two minute clips of the selected films for any of its printed, electronic and audiovisual publications for promotional purposes.
We thank you for your participation in this submission and look forward to see your film.