Open Call for Video Visions: Submit your work!
Channels Festival is a biennial program dedicated to showcasing fresh, innovative and experimental video art. For our forthcoming 2019 festival we invite artists from around the globe to submit recent works to our curated open-call Video Visions program.
We are looking for recently created, short, single-channel works that are of a high artistic calibre. We are interested in works that push formal, conceptual or political boundaries; works that are experimental and risky; works that are critical, engaged and relevant to our time.
Submissions will be reviewed by Channels Festival and a Selection Panel of esteemed artists and curators. A curated selection of works will be chosen for inclusion in the 2019 Video Visions program.
Selected works will be presented at a screening in Melbourne during the 2019 festival (venue to be confirmed). Works will also be considered for public screenings in Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland and Vancouver, in partnership with Urban Screen Productions.
Running since 2013, Video Visions is a flagship program of Channels Festival. In previous years we have received hundreds of submissions from over 42 countries.
• The cost of submitting a work is $7 USD/$10 AUD. As a not-for-profit festival, submission fees go directly to paying artist fees, venue hire and technical costs.
• A maximum of three different entries is allowed per artist. A separate application and fee will be required for each submission.
• Artwork should be produced after 1 May 2017.
• Work should have a maximum duration of 10 minutes. Longer videos will be disqualified.
• Artwork should be in a single-screen format. (We welcome experimentation and multi-channel video using split screens, however please be aware that videos will be screened as a single-screen projection.)
• Work should be 16:9 aspect ratio. Please use letterbox if your video is in formats other than 16:9.
•Please ensure your video link is to an outside host (Vimeo preferred).
• Please provide English subtitles if your work is in a different language.
• First Nations/Indigenous artists and artists currently residing in developing countries are encouraged to contact Channels Festival for a fee waiver code. Please email email@example.com by 30 May 2019.
• Channels Festival believes in paying artist fees. If you are selected you will be paid a fee once you have issued the festival with a valid invoice.
For full terms and conditions and FAQ please see our submissions page: http://channelsfestival.net.au/get-involved