Chelsea Film Festival (CFF) was selected in the "TOP 10 BEST FILM FESTIVAL IN NORTH AMERICA" (#6) by USA Today in 2019 among 19 other film festivals in the USA.
CFF is an organization dedicated to supporting films and the artists who create them by providing a creative forum for exchange and discovery.
The Festival attracts filmmakers, artists and audience members from across America and the world. It premieres independent narrative features, documentaries, short films and TV series focusing on global issues.
Chelsea Film Festival is an international film competition that aims to discover upcoming talents by raising awareness about American & foreign independent films.
There are 20+ awards in each category Short, Feature-Length and TV Series (Best actor, actress, supporting actor, actress, screenplay, documentary, director, Best Picture).
2024 CONDITIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY - 12th Annual Chelsea Film Festival
SHORTS, FEATURES, DOCUMENTARIES, INDIE EPISODICS:
• Entries must be New York City premieres and have been completed in 2023 or 2024. Films shown in other festivals or public screenings in New York City are not eligible for consideration. Contact us directly at email@example.com if your film is a WORLD PREMIERE
• Work can only be submitted via streaming video
• Exhibition Format authorized: DCP
• Feature-length Films and Documentaries must be between 90 minutes maximum and not less than 60 minutes
• Short Films must be under 20 minutes maximum
• Indie Episodics must be under 40 minutes maximum
• Films must not have been released on any online platforms prior to the Festival (i.e. Online Film Festival, Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.)
• Films in any language other than English must be subtitled in English
• Theme: Global Issues
• Submissions are not refundable
Chelsea Film Festival is looking for passionate, talented and driven filmmakers with diverse and creative voices to participate in the 2024 Chelsea Film Festival Incubator supported by TD Bank. The CFF Incubator is a highly selective initiative designed to nurture and provide support to 10 BIPOC emerging filmmakers of all genres who have diverse voices, backgrounds and life experiences. Upon successful completion of their films, filmmakers will receive a cash grant towards post-production and a guaranteed slot for their project at the 12th Annual Chelsea Film Festival.
Read Before Applying
Applications will be accepted from December 21st, 2023 through January 15th, 2024. To apply, you will need the following:
- One (1) original pilot script in PDF format
- Resume in PDF format
- Personal statement
- Script synopsis (750 words or less)
- Script genre (drama, comedy, dramedy, documentary)
- Logline (75 words or less)
- 2 additional original loglines of unproduced material
- 1 or 2 Producer(s) mandatory
- Contact details for 2 references
- Completed submission of material agreement
- Completed cover letter
Candidates for the CFF Screenwriting Incubator should submit their materials no later than 11:59 PM PT on January 15th via FilmFreeway. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Participants will not be entitled to and will not receive any wages or financial benefits as compensation for their time spent as a participant in the program.
The Incubator is an educational program and selected participants will receive training similar to that which would be provided in a writing seminar or similar vocational program.
The Incubator is for the benefit of the selected participants.
Participants selected for the Incubator will not be entitled to and will not receive any wages, remuneration or financial benefits as compensation for their time spent as a participant in the Incubator.
Force Majeur Clause: Due to Covid-19 pandemic and unforeseen outcome, the Chelsea Film Festival reserves the right to postpone, cancel or move the event to a digital platform if necessary.