Vox Feminae Festival is an international festival held annually, since 2007, in Zagreb, Croatia.
Vox Feminae Festival was founded with the aim to promote and increase the visibility of women's artistic achievements through the international competition film program, exhibitions and performances as well as workshops and educational content.
Vox Feminae Festival presents and rewards films of all genres, and topics include gender equality, women's creativity, and achievements, non-stereotypical gender roles and relationships, as well as feminist and LGBTIQ themes. Vox Feminae Festival especially encourages submission and presentation of the biography films that celebrate women who made significant contributions to the society in the fields of culture, politics, science, human rights, and art.
Vox Feminae Festival is organized by non-profit organization Expanse of Gender and Media Culture ‘Common Zone’ that provides innovative cultural and gender patchwork.
1. Jury Prize
2. Audience Award
* Vox Feminae Festival accepts narrative, documentary, animation and experimental films of all lengths by artists of all gender identities. The only parameter is that the submitted films are exploring aspects of gender, gender roles & identities.
* The films are divided into three categories: Short films (all genres and types, duration up to 40 minutes), Feature-length films (all genres and types, over 40 minutes), for which a symbolic fee is paid. The third category is "Fierce Women", biographical films of women who have made contributions to the society in the field of Culture, Science, Feminism, Politics, Human Rights and Art (for any duration and year of production, of all genres and types) and for this category of films, submission is free.
* Short films and Feature length films must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2019.
* If the original film or video is in a language other than English, then the film must have subtitles in English.
* Online entry form through FilmFreeway must be completed.
* If your work is accepted, you will be notiﬁed by April 10th, 2020.
* Once a ﬁlm is submitted, it may not be withdrawn.
* Screeners are preferred as an online link but you can also send hard copy screeners to the following address: K-zona, Nova cesta 24, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia. In case you are sending a hard copy screener please note “No commercial value. For cultural purposes only” at the package.
* Shipment of exhibition materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. Return shipment of exhibition materials will be paid by the festival. Any additional fees associated with shipping must be paid by the recipient.
* Due to a large number of entries, we cannot return preview screeners. Titles will be kept in our archive.
* * For any further questions, suggestions or advice concerning organization and cooperation, please contact us at the email address below.
Vox Feminae Festival
Nova cesta 24
10 000 Zagreb
phone: +385 95 835 99 47
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I permit Expanse of Gender and Media Culture ‘Common Zone’ to retain a DVD copy of this work for a non-circulating Festival archive. I give Expanse of Gender and Media Culture ‘Common Zone’ permission to use up to 3 minutes of video footage or stills from the work for broadcast, web publication or other promotional purposes. I am legally authorized to enter this film in the Vox Feminae Festival and agree that, if accepted, an acceptable exhibition format will be made available for screening during the Vox Feminae Festival. I hold the Vox Feminae Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print or tape during shipping to and from the Festival. I certify that I have read, understood and complied with all the festival regulations and terms of submission.