· Welcome lonely wolves! This 2020 sees the festival evolve to an online experience during the unique time of the global Pandemic. As we can’t gather under one roof as soon as we’d like to, we’re dividing our yearly physical event into 6 x bi-monthly online competition events (or as we like to call them: ‘quarantine editions’). Each edition will see new deserving winners/nominees, in with a chance to win prizes and get featured on the big screen come 2021’s physical festival event (still TBC -but we’re looking at hosting it at the St Pancras Clock Tower and BFI Southbank (British Film Institute) over a few consecutive days).
· We are accepting a wide breadth of film projects from all over the world; from micro-shorts to feature-length films, to documentaries, screenplays, animation, experimental films to music videos. We accept all languages (with English subtitles). English/Spanish films don't require subtitles.
· Each edition’s announcement process/timeline will be communicated out in advance to all participating filmmakers via email and Instagram. These online editions entail the gaining of downloadable laurels, IMDb listings and critical reviews (if purchased).
· We are an IMDb-qualified festival; your films are reviewed by an impressive jury of industry experts led by Adrian Perez, the festival director,-who has been in the industry now for 10 years. Adrian formerly worked with the Disney Channels, Marvel and Star Wars brands whilst heading up regional marketing communications and asset management for Disney across EMEA. He also worked as a freelance film critic and had his own film blog (FilmBoss) which is now a 7 year archive. Adrian now is CEO/lead film editor of an award-winning trailer house + distributor (HombreMachina) renowned for its highly engaging film trailers and successful film marketing campaigns. Adrian is also an award-winning actor, based in London.
· Guest jury panel changes every year, you can expect the highest calibre of industry talent and expertise reviewing your work, from Adrian's longstanding connections working across Disney, Fox, independent production houses and so forth. We have a couple of exciting judges confirmed to step in later in the year:
*Annie Knox - CEO, Director of SmashedSkulls (Horror Production House);
*Ares Sirvent - CEO, Director of LLISI Productions (Production House based in Valencia, Spain); +
*CEO, Director of HombreMachina Post-Production House/Film Marketing Creative Agency -Adrian Perez.
· MAIN FILM AWARD CATEGORIES
OVERALL BEST PICTURE
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST FILM (MEDIUM-LENGTH)
BEST FEATURE FILM
BEST DRAMA / ROMANCE
BEST COMEDY / MUSICAL
BEST HORROR / THRILLER
BEST ACTION / SCI-FI / FANTASY
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
BEST LOCKDOWN / SELF-TAPE FILM
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
· INDIVIDUAL AWARD CATEGORIES
BEST DIRECTOR (FEATURE FILM)
BEST DIRECTOR (SHORT FILM)
BEST DOCUMENTARY DIRECTOR
BEST SCREENPLAY (FEATURE FILM)
BEST SCREENPLAY (SHORT FILM)
BEST LEAD ACTOR (FEATURE FILM)
BEST LEAD ACTOR (SHORT FILM)
BEST LEAD ACTRESS (FEATURE FILM)
BEST LEAD ACTRESS (SHORT FILM)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (FEATURE FILM)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (SHORT FILM)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (FEATURE FILM)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (SHORT FILM)
BEST FILM EDITING
BEST SOUND DESIGN
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
BEST CHARACTER DESIGN
BEST CREATED ENVIRONMENT
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
BEST MAKEUP & SPECIAL EFFECTS
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
BEST FILM POSTER
BEST FILM TRAILER
BEST NEWCOMER AWARD
· WHAT YOU GET...
-Downloadable laurels (for both nominees/winners)
-IMDb listings (for both nominees/winners)
-Critical reviews (if purchased)
-Prize money (TBC -for winners only at yearly physical event)
BY SUBMITTING TO THE FESTIVAL YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING...
-Your full film won't be exhibited publicly online without your permission, however we set-up a private screening room area on our website to showcase the best films of each competition. Full films are password-protected and only accessible by the Lonely Wolf filmmaking community. It's important to us that everybody who participates in the festival gets to see the best the competition has to offer, and learn from each other.
-If your film is chosen to be exhibited at our physical festival event(s) at the St Pancras Clock Tower and BFI Southbank, you authorise that your work is cleared for festival exhibition (all music, fonts, visuals etc. are cleared worldwide, in perpetuity, multi-platform), and the intellectual property is yours, or if acting as distributor -you have acquired permission from the copyright owner.
-By submitting your film you consent to the posting of promotional materials/information for the film on the festival's website plus social media channels. You also consent to the critical review being public.
-Festival authorities will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material sent as part of our festival library and can be screened in for education, promotions on our social/ internet platforms, awareness and non-commercial purposes.
-By submitting to the festival, you will automatically join our mailing list, we ask you follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with the status of your entry and wider festival news.
-For consideration across all individual categories, you will need to make sure your credits list is as complete as possible to include every single person, failure to do so will mean that the director will be announced the nominee and/or winner for that category.
-Films already submitted in one edition can't be submitted again, however trailers/posters can be submitted in advance of your full film's submission further down the line.
-Same filmmaking team can submit more than one project.
-Your film entry can be considered for as little as 1 nomination to as many as all categories, no limits.
-If we feel 2 entries are both deserving of winning the same award, we’ll award both with a special statement.
-If your film is not in English, we require English subtitles in order for all reviewers to do their job.
-If the film is in Spanish, you can submit it without English subtitles. We have 2 Spanish-speaking jury members who can review it without any trouble.
-Your film will only be publicly shown on our website if it receives at least 1 nomination.
-Official selection is competitive, submitting doesn’t mean you’ll automatically be accepted.
-We can’t be responsible for providing individual feedback on every entry we get (unless you purchased a critical review), nor justify/explain ourselves for not selecting your work. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non-selected films. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
-Festival authorities reserve the rights to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
-Code of conduct will have to be strictly followed by the entrants; misbehaviour will lead to disqualification and legal actions.
-No phone call inquiries.
-Filmmakers can self-service laurels to use for their film promotional purposes once they know the status of their submission from a link that will be emailed out.
-When submitting you are both entering that bimonthly edition plus have the chance of being showcased at our yearly physical event. If showcased on the physical gala nights, no extra fees will be required of you, you will receive 2 free passes to the event, any other invitees as part of your team will need to purchase a low-cost ticket.
-You agree to have read and accepted the rules/regulations for participation in our festival.