Formerly THE HAGUE GLOBAL CINEMA FESTIVAL
This is an IMDb Qualifying Festival
Festival Theme: PEOPLE & PERSPECTIVES
"The fifth edition of The International Film Festival The Hague encompasses people's perspectives across the globe through highly crafted motion pictures. The need to spread love and awareness about topics that matter in our world is core to the filmmakers and organizers of the festival through which we can contribute to changing the world with you through your perspective…"
The city of peace and justice will host the fifth season of the International Film Festival The Hague in November 2023 with the theme "People & Perspectives". The festival provides a platform for filmmakers from all over the world to showcase the challenges and issues in all spheres of life. International audiences and filmmakers get a chance to watch their films and appreciate others’ perspectives.
Screening of the films will be held in the prestigious Filmhuis, Den Haag (The Hague). This is an IMDb qualifying festival.
1. Cinema of all genres, any length, and budget are welcome from all over the world.
2. NO restrictions on the year of making or release.
3. World premieres of the films are a high priority.
4. Works in progress are accepted provided the completion takes place before the event.
5. A co-creators workshop will be organized where you learn from fellow professionals, share your experience and get potential partners/ financiers
6. This is a special opportunity for filmmakers who don’t necessarily have a large budget, but a vision and an important story to tell. We are here to provide them with an international platform. We encourage experimentation and welcome out-of-the-box ideas/content.
7. We will be handing out a number of awards at the event in a number of categories, selected and evaluated by our jury. We encourage you to submit to several categories in order to increase your chances of getting selected or winning an award.
8. Selection and screening of the films will be as follows:
a. Official Selection: First Selection list will be named "Official Selection". These films will get a Certificate of Official Selection.
b. FINALISTS: Second Selection will be from the Official Selection list. The films selected from the first list will be named "FINALISTS". These films will qualify for screening depending upon requisite technical requirements of the Filmhuis like the availability of the film in the DCP format.
c. SCREENING: Some of the FINALISTS will be selected for Screening,
d. AWARD WINNERS: Award will be announced on the last day of screening in the Awards Ceremony.
e. Restrictions: If your film is already available for viewing on a free platform (like YouTube) then the film may not be screened. However, you can still participate in the festival for Official Selection and Finalists.
Cover Image Courtesy: Marianna Giacomel
We have many awards in different categories which will be announced after the screening of the films.
1. Cinema of all genres allowed.
2. No restrictions on length
3. No restrictions on the year of making or release.
4. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
5. English films with English subtitles are encouraged.
6. We also accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere.
7. Films available for viewing on free platforms (like YouTube) can participate but the films will not be considered for screening.
8. Multiple entries are allowed, however, a separate entry must be submitted for each.
9. Entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling and/or venue.
11. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
12. If chosen as an official selection, International Film Festival The Hague is granted permission to exhibit the film at the International Film Festival The Hague and all associated screenings and all media publicity material.
13. Location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the International Film Festival The Hague
14. Filmmakers/submitters will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival.
15. Films selected for screening will be required in the DCP format. Filmmakers/submitters will send us the DCP format at their own cost and risk.
16. Although every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival, International Film Festival The Hague is not responsible should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of the festival.
17. The filmmaker holds International Film Festival The Hague l, its management, juries, subsidiaries, partners, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and volunteers etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry.
18. The filmmaker/submitters certifies to have full rights to the film/material submitted to the festival. The filmmaker/submitter will indemnify the organizers of the International Film Festival The Hague against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
19. The filmmaker/submitter certifies that the music used especially in the music videos is an original score. If any copyright claim arises especially for the music videos then the filmmaker/submitter will be fully responsible for it.
20. Decisions of the management of the festival will be final and binding to the submitters regarding judgment, selection, screenings, awards, prizes, certificates, laurels, venue, dates, schedule, or any other activity related to the event. Filmmakers/submitters certify and undertake to abide by the decision of the festival management.
21. In case of some unforeseen situation or force majeure, like the one happened in 2020 due to COIVD19 pandemic or some other cause beyond the control of the festival management, the event may be held online. The filmmakers/submitters grant explicit permission to use their submission in the online event, if required.