The CUZCO UNDERGROUND CINEMA FESTIVAL is an independent film festival that takes place in the beautiful and tourist city of Cuzco, southeast of Peru, recognized as the historic capital of that Nation and which houses millennia of Inca culture. The inhabitants of the entire Department can enjoy good world cinema, projected on walls that have centuries of culture, which gives the festival a particular historical and cultural connotation.
We invite you to visit our festival this coming October.
The jury will award prizes to the competing categories.
• Best Feature Narrative
• Best Feature Documentary
• Best Feature Experimental
• Best Feature Horror
• Best Feature LGBT
• Best Feature Animation
• Best Short Narrative
• Best Short Documentary
• Best Short Experimental
• Best Short Horror
• Best Short LGBT
• Best Short Animation
• Best Latin American Short
• Best Short Screenplay
• Best director
• Best actor
• Best actress
• The call is for filmmakers of the world.
• Participants must be over 18 years old.
• Works performed by Festival members will not compete.
• Films that have participated in previous editions will not be accepted.
• Short films should not exceed 40 minutes and feature films will be larger than 41 minutes.
• The works may be made in any cinematographic or digital format.
• Works written in any language will be admitted to the competition, as long as they are subtitled in Spanish or English.
• Each participant will be able to present the works they wish to the Festival.
• Registration will be made through the platform of your choice or directly with the festival, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. In any case, the registration fee must be applied.
• Movies of any subject are accepted. As long as they do not violate the rights of any person.
• It is not necessary that the film to participate is debuting, also it can be online.
• All participants, due to the fact that they are, must accept these rules.
• The decision of the selection jury is unappealable.
• The works will be viewed by a selection jury that will be chosen by the Festival team and will also work on the final selection of the contest.
• The selection of finalists will be announced through social networks and website: http://cucifestival.weebly.com/
• The selected works must send a trailer or selection of images of the work, to promote it.
• The Jury will be a group of people qualified for such purposes, composed of professionals from the film, audiovisual and cultural world.
• The prizes may be deserted if the jury so decides.
• The verdicts of the Selection Committee and the Jury will be unappealable.
• The jury will select the works that enter the contest in each category. Once selected, the participant will be informed
• The Festival may make projections during the development of the festival of those works that have not been selected, but said works will not opt for any prize.
• The screening of the selected short films will take place at times and places that the festival organization considers appropriate.
• All the participants, due to the fact that they are, fully accept these rules, as well as the resolution by the organization of any problem not included in these.