Shock Therapy is the short indie horror film screening event presented by CineVic Society of Independent Filmmakers in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. We strive to illuminate the best of short indie creepy campy horror films from around the world, with a focus on the smart, creative, satirical, and psychological. We want your best, creepiest, funniest, darkest, artsiest, and most innovative films!
After two incredibly successful years of screenings in 2018 and 2019, Shock Therapy is currently on hiatus in 2020. Please keep an eye on this page for updates!
1) Entries are only accepted via the FilmFreeway online portal.
2) Entries may be fiction, animation, or experimental. Films must be in English OR contain English subtitles. Films may be maximum 20 minutes including credits. Only films completed after January 1, 2017 will be considered.
3) Films which are publicly available to view online are not eligible.
4) Only films which are selected to screen at Shock Therapy will receive notification, no later than August 31, 2019.
5) If selected for screening at Shock Therapy, the filmmaker will be required to submit the following:
• Minimum two high-resolution film stills
• One high-resolution Director's headshot photo
• Brief synopsis of the film
• Film exhibition copy, minimum 1080 resolution, Quicktime or DCP format
• Film trailer via online link (if available) and/or Quicktime format
6) Once a film has been selected to be screened at Shock Therapy it may not be withdrawn.
7) Screening fees will only be paid to Canadian films/filmmakers which are selected to screen at the event.
8) One representative from each film selected to screen will be provided with one pass for free admission to all screenings.
9) Your submission of this entry form confirms that:
• You have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration along with your acceptance of Shock Therapy film festival regulations.
• CineVic and Shock Therapy are not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, or royalty infringements related to the work.
• You agree to allow CineVic and Shock Therapy to use your film (in whole or in part) along with its publicity materials (including name, photo, and bio of Director) for promotional purposes.