The mission of the Naperville Independent Film Festival, Inc is to encourage filmmakers of all ages to create and distribute films that entertain, inspire, and stir the human spirit.
This year's, our 10th festival, is a "must enter" for every filmmaker who wants to draw attention to his or her work. We've quickly grown from our very successful premieres (we had 15 Premieres) in 2016.
Our festival continues to be a 8 days event, although in 2016 we extended the festival another 6 days with more time for screenings, we had 2 venues and 2 screens, showcasing 53 films.
All films will be judged and many will be screened at local theaters, venues during the festival week and there after the Officially Selected, Nominated and Winners will be screened at Selected Venues across Chicago Land areas throughout the year.
Trophies will be awarded in each of the festival's categories at the award ceremony on the last night of the festival.
There are no category subject restrictions; each work is juried solely on its own merits by judges who may not be professional film critics. The Festival seeks any combination of inventive, incisive, passionate, socially responsive work of any style or genre. We are accepting work of any age.
Student Produced Films of any length. Entrant must have been a student at the time of submitting the film to this festival.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION:
(1) Entrants must comply with all Entry Rules & Regulations, including Deadline(s) and entry material requirements, selected film requirements and premiere requirements for specific 2016 Festival Selections.
(2) Non-English language works must either have subtitles or be dubbed in English.
IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED
You must provide still pictures and a trailer ( by the date(s) designated by the Festival ):
(1) Total of Four (2) exhibition copies of your work, in NTSC DVD Region 0 or 1 format, a Vimeo or YouTube link to your project is preferred.
(2) Any requested information about your film, cast/crew, etc. that would support the Festival's promotion of your film and its event(s)
(3) For features in competition, a 30 second clip or trailer on DVD ( for press, Awards ceremony and Festival Web site use.
(4) Full press kits, including film stills and director(s) photos (hard copy or TIFF files on CD-Rom disks ), synopsis, full production credits and director bio. Note that if the materials are not submitted by the applicable deadline, we reserve the right to secure substitute materials from other sources.
5) if payment and DVD's or link on Vimeo/YouTube aren't received within 15 days from the date of the entry such entry will be deleted
Works invited to participate in the 2015 Naperville Independents Film Festival, Inc will be shown in the section Festival programmers believe most appropriate.
All the Film that Become an " Official Selection " of the Festival will be screened at the 8 days Festival Event of September 23rd - 30th - 2017.